Hi Again

I am now getting a failed to open .xar file
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	failed to pen xar.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	128031

I was able to use the file for several days no problems
    but now i cannot open the file again and i guess i need to find the backup and rename it again

any ideas please?
    kind regards

Condor

Default Re: Unkown PNG Error has occured

Quote Originally Posted by condor365 View Post
    Hi Again

I am now getting a failed to open .xar file
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	failed to pen xar.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	128031

I was able to use the file for several days no problems
    but now i cannot open the file again and i guess i need to find the backup and rename it again

any ideas please?
    kind regards

Condor
    I hate to say it but to get this repeatedly sounds like a hard disk failing.Have you run chkdsk at all or or utility in recent times.
    What is happening with your on-line backup? You ought to be able to perform a file diff with that to see where the corruption is creeping in.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn

Hmm! maybe you are right ? this C drive is over 6 years old
    the D: Drive was cloned last year so the D: Drive is fairly new
    but the C: Drive which Xara runs on is 6 years or more perhaps time for newer drive?
    its an i5
    c: (NTFS on drive 0) * 248.92 GB 99.39 GB free
    d: (NTFS on drive 1) 1000.20 GB 479.57 GB free
    * Operating System is installed on c:
    not sure how to look for the online back up ? perform a file diff?
    all my files are saved to Google Dive sync
    cheers
    Condor

chkdsk shows scanned the file system and found no problems
    maybe a defrag is needed? haven't done one in 10 months.
    My PC gets tuned once week and purged of junk files using Revo Uninstaller Pro
    Maybe i should run Spinrite from https://www.grc.com/intro.htm

Again after all these years it can't be my hard drive failing everytime there is an upgrade looming?
    maybe i will succumb and pay the upgrade that usually works.

Hi Again,

I am now getting this error code and i cant even start or open the program?

The program could not be started. The installation folder may be damaged .
    Reinstalling the program could remedy the problem.
    Please contact support if this error occurs again ERROR CODE: -59

I have sent this to Magix for support i have run the program as administrator
    i have cleaned my PC run all diagnostics - hard drive is healthy? chckdsk is no errors or no virus ?

Again i repeat this i get these issues every time there is a renewal due?
    How frustrating is this?

i am afraid to install the program again PRO X 17 as it will possibly revert back to version Pro x 16 as i have not paid the $129 for the update? i am confused Xara/Magix have put this this seemingly mandatory yearly payment schedule.
    Anyone else have the same issues?
    any advice is most welcome

Kind regards
    Condor

I am sorry that you have this problem. I have always advised having a second copy activated on another machine to cover this eventuality.

The version reversion is crass. No company, however, could purposely cripple a product, especially one that states you are entitled to use it in perpetuity.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

My PC gets tuned once week and purged of junk files using Revo Uninstaller Pro
    this can have a dowm side as well as an up - things can get 'purged' that should not be

the error message you are getting now sounds to me like the sort you get when the program cannot communicate anymore withe the magix server, and that can be because of third party 'security' software

also the fact that you get an issue every time you upgrade suggests there is something on your computer 'getting in the way'
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: error code 59

Hi Acorn,

I found this? error code-59 maybe triggered by win 10 upgrades

https://www.magix.info/us/tutorials/...rade--1142475/

i have made a note of my serial number and will attempt to reinstall the program but i am still unsure where to install the Pro X 17 from? as it is not in my customer area under registered products even though i have always registered them. I have informed Magix about this, maybe they will be kind enough to send me a new download link? but will it be for a previous version of Pro x 16 as i have not paid the update price yet!!

Kind regards
    Condor

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I am sorry that you have this problem. I have always advised having a second copy activated on another machine to cover this eventuality.

The version reversion is crass. No company, however, could purposely cripple a product, especially one that states you are entitled to use it in perpetuity.

Acorn

Hi Handrawn,

Thanks for your help too much appreciated ,

the issues occur usually about a month before i get the annoying update pop us and continue
    until i pay up. i have not paid this time and the errors just escalate "its not happening when i update!"
    I have allowed or given permission for the software to open in my AVG Ultimate paid for top of the range Anti-Virus software program too.
    i believe its the win 10 update that's causing this?
    i will post later when i find out
    Kind regards
    Condor

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post

Acorn
    I do Have a laptop with a second copy but that is is inactive and you need to activate one or the other depends which machine you want to start up, you cannot just run it ad hoc, which means registering each time you want to use it it on one or the other i asked Magix about this and they say it can only be used on one pc at any one time. really annoying !
    but Magix don't even have it in my customer area that its registered all my other software that i ever bought is listed there!.
    Hopefully i will get this cleared up wih Magix soon.
    Kind regards
    Condor