Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bug Unkown PNG Error has occured

Hi,
    i sent this to another post and joined the wrong thread maybe ?
    so thought i would try a new post to see if i can get some answers here

I have the same problem Unknown PNG error has occured
    i already found a back up file and renamed it this worked fine.
    i keep getting the pop up upgrade and install now to upgrade pop up
    i just want to continue using Xara Pro X 17 without having to pay $129 for the upgrade
    and it is so far impossible to stop these annoying upgrade pop ups?
    now the Unknown PNG error has occured has returned making it impossible to open my file .xar
    this has happened twice now where i have to find a back up and rename it to open it?
    There is a serious problem here?
    I have contacted Magix about this but it can take several days before they answer?
    Anyone else having this problem and know how to fix it?
    its almost like i am being forced to upgrade or else!!
    Kind regards
    Condor

Info Re: Unkown PNG Error has occured

Quote Originally Posted by condor365 View Post
    i keep getting the pop up upgrade and install now to upgrade pop up
    i just want to continue using Xara Pro X 17 without having to pay $129 for the upgrade
    and it is so far impossible to stop these annoying upgrade pop ups?
    There are recent Posts on this very subject over the last few days on TG; try an Advanced search for "nag".
    This is unrelated to your next ask.

now the Unknown PNG error has occured has returned making it impossible to open my file .xar
    this has happened twice now where i have to find a back up and rename it to open it?
    XAR files can get corrupted.
    Find a backup in File > Open recent > Backups. Open the last one that does not have the problem and resave with a new filename.

If no good for you, try and recover with this approach: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...459#post616459.

Failing another TG solution, you may have to upload your file to Xara for fixing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Unkown PNG Error has occured

Hi Acorn,
    My software:-WD ProX 17:
    Many thanks for your help,
    i have been using Xara since it began many years ago have currently 60 website I maintain
    some websites are 80 pages long some are 150MB to 420mb in size
    i generally can open them edit them and upload through 3rd party servers with little or no problems.
    I generally only get the hiccups just before renewals are due?
    and this is the case year after year for the past 20 years from the days of Xara X 2000.

I normally just renew and carry on with little or no problems but in the past few years this upgrade
    scenario is baffling and i have refrained a few times to upgrade i upgraded last year and now this is the response i got from Magix?
    no more than 50MB huh!! and dividing into separate folders what a complete nightmare!!
    and re-install and revert back to pro x 16?

Just look at the response! how could anyone understand how to separate the files from this?
    i would struggle with this.

Thank you for sharing the project and the screenshots, that is very helpful.

In terms of the "PNG error" message please check File --> Open recent --> Backups. Otherwise I am afraid you would need to uninstall the program and run a new installation. Should you need to do so herewith the installation link:

https://dl03.magix.net/designerprox16_dlm.exe

Please bear in mind that it would be the version 16 you would need to come back to after the new installation though as your update service has expired. In this connection you will unfortunately not be able to get rid of the notification as this is not possible.

Looking at the size of the file I can see that it has 442MB - the project file *.web should never be larger than 50 MB otherwise you will unfortunately experience issues.
    You can divide the project into a separate files creating a new project via "File / New" and copy individual pages from one project to the other. The links of the navigation as well as between individual elements are adapted automatically. Then upload both to the server. Please pay attention to the name of the files, the "index.htm" may occur only once.

Proceed as follows to split your project:

Copy your project as many times as you want it to be split.
    The project is called: MyHomepage Copy it 3 times and name the projects MyHomepage Part1 MyHomepage Part2 MyHomepage Part3
    Open MyHomepage (Part1)
    Remove the pages that should be in Part 2 and 3.
    Save MyHomepage (Part1).
    Open MyHomepage (Part2)
    Remove the pages you want to be in parts 1 and 3.
    Save MyHomepage (Part2).
    Open MyHomepage Part3
    Remove the pages that are in part 1 and 2.
    Save MyHomepage (Part3).
    Export the pages from MyHomepage (Part1) offline into the directory in which the project is located.
    Then export the pages from MyHomepage (Part2) to the directory in which the project is located, and then the pages from MyHomepage (Part3).
    You should specify a file name in each case.
    Select the page name of the first page of MyHomepage (Part2) or MyHomepage (Part3).
    Then upload all 3 projects one after the other.
    Then upload all 3 projects one after the other.

@condor365, a load of tosh mainly.

Magix are not the application developers so I would hold out for Rob-Xar, whom I have just pinged, to have a look.

i have never heard of a filesize limit of 50MB ever! XDPXv17 is 64-bit.
    i have my own and clients' design files over 50MB.
    I do have problems but this is invariably due to poor coding in v16 and up as earlier versions work perfectly.
    Do not discard your v17, no matter what!

The guidance is childish and make not account of NavBars working across different design files.

It also failed to address how you recover and access your file to perform the unnecessary slicing.
    Try ExpandXar to unpack your file and try opening that.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,

Many thanks for your understanding. I have simply loaded the backup and renamed
    it with a different name as it conflicts even with a slightly similar file name.
    I can then edit and use it no probs until the next error pop up.

All my files are in Google Drive Sync much easier and cheaper than dropbox.
    when Windows 10 updates my X builder is removed from design gallery?
    and i need to login to xaratemplates.com and install a fresh version.
    there is a bug in my version i am convinced!!

I will use the ExpandXar next time.
    Really appreciate you looking into this and look forward to what Rob-Xar has to say.

Condor

Hi Acorn,

Many thanks for your understanding. I have simply loaded the backup and renamed
    it with a different name as it conflicts even with a slightly similar file name.
    I can then edit and use it no probs until the next error pop up.

All my files are in Google Drive Sync much easier and cheaper than dropbox.
    when Windows 10 updates my X builder is removed from design gallery?
    and i need to login to xaratemplates.com and install a fresh version.
    there is a bug in my version i am convinced!!

I will use the ExpandXar next time.
    Really appreciate you looking into this and look forward to what Rob-Xar has to say.

Condor
    c365, Rob says "There is no file size limit, PNG error usually means a corrupted file, which we can fix. He can send a message in Intercom and we can take a look".
    Go to https://help-cloud-plus.xara.com and open the Intercomm dialog, bottom right.

You have a tendency to throw in curve balls.
    If your design file is truly massive and you make further cahnges during a sync operation, it is quite possible your file can become corrupt. I had this in early Dropbox days. I would ensure my Xara Backup times were around every 30 minutes and not, say, 10.

I am guessing you have your xaratemplates in a Cloud location so when W10 updates, it loses the connection. I am sure you do not have to re download the xaratemplates afresh.

If you have a Xara application bug, then run as Administrator the one time. That usually works.

Get you file working.
    Tune your Xara application.
    Raise a separate request with MagiXara for each separate issue.

Acorn

there is certainly a maximum size of bitmap that xara can edit an use internally.. but it is way above the normal size for website use

edit - though if you are referring to the file size [not image size] then they may not be
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

We were discussing the design file size (.XAR / .WEB).

I would probably never aim for anything over 100MB.
    100 pages with lots of Repeat Groups makes the code looping dire.
    250 pages of pure text and editing inside you can see things going slower.

Avoid adding lots of images.
    Optimise if you can or link to large files instead.
    Definitely double ditto for videos.
    Never go for Supersite and Variants.
    Use rectangles over odd shapes.
    Don't use Shadows.
    Use CSS for Fills.
    Don't rotate Text.
    As a last resort, split a site into functional units.

Acorn

Hi Acorn,

This is great i will have to go to the intercomm later it says come back tomorrow
    i was late getting back to your reply.

I do have my file back and working under a new file name and is current and working ok now
    no PNG error just annoying impossible to remove upgrade pop ups

Yes the sync issue was there when I was using Dropbox too.

I have a copy of X builder saved and will install again.
    at some point Michael from Xaratemplates did email me to say i needed to re-download the latest version of X Builder
    as the windows update had corrupted it?
    and I will set it to 30 minutes instead of ten

Acorn you are a true star in this forum and a superb help to all Xara users
    over the years I have read many of your remedies and they have helped me enormously
    thank you so much !!

Condor

Hi Acorn,

Acorn you are a true star in this forum and a superb help to all Xara users
    over the years I have read many of your remedies and they have helped me enormously
    thank you so much !!

Condor
    I agree completely.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.