Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Unkown PNG Error has occured

Quote Originally Posted by condor365 View Post
    I do Have a laptop with a second copy but that is is inactive and you need to activate one or the other depends which machine you want to start up, you cannot just run it ad hoc, which means registering each time you want to use it it on one or the other i asked Magix about this and they say it can only be used on one pc at any one time. really annoying !
    but Magix don't even have it in my customer area that its registered all my other software that i ever bought is listed there!.
    Hopefully i will get this cleared up wih Magix soon.
    Kind regards
    Condor
    Magix are wrong. Both can be activated. You have two licences for use. You must only be using one copy at a time so if you are moving from one keyboard to another that constitutes fair use. If worried, just close one program.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

agree, that applies to all my xara programs - and if you have been activating/deactivating a lot that could in itself cause issues, as there is almost certainly a limit to the number of times you can do this over a given period even if not explicitly stated

your program not showing in your magix account is not a good sign either if you bought it from them
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi all,

Update to what happened with Magix support.
    here is the response i got in BOLD

The program is distributed with an update service.

You have bought version 16 and have access to it until you renew the update service. If you extend the update service, you will purchase version 17 and can download it again at if you need to reinstall.

In your customer account the program is shown as Xara Designer Pro X365 without an version number. If you click on "more details" you will see the version number of the program you have installed and also you will see the duration of the service.

i checked my customer area and looked at show more details and it shows my version
    of XDP Pro X365 with serial number valid until = Unlimited. update service = Expired. (with install program and instructions)

Following activations with this serial number are in use
    1. XDP Pro X (16) assigned to my PC
    2. XDP Pro X(16) also assigned to my PC

My question is when i upgraded last year from Pro X 16 to Pro X 17
    I installed this on My Pc and Lap top which i should be able to use simultaneously
    but when i tried to use the laptop Pro x 17 it said i had to deactivate the PC version first then activate the lap top
    version well i left it and just carried on using the Pro X 17 PC version as i thought deactivate would lose it?
    Duh! silly me!!
    now my PC version of Pro X 17 will not even start and i should reinstall it but where do i reinstall it from? it looks as though the only version i can re-install is the Pro X 365 and use the serial number that is unlimited. Magix tell me that as i have not updated my current Pro X 17
    this re-install will revert back to Pro X 16 so does this mean i will no longer be able to use the Pro X 17 version unless i pay the $129
    presuming my Pro X365 will be installed as Pro X 16?

how confusing is this ? does anyone else agree with me that this is the most complicated update /upgrade system ever!

In my twenty + years i have purchased literally hundreds and hundreds of programs but never experienced anything as complicated as this?
    I am still not sure how i can re-install my current Pro X 17 and run it without updating or paying another years fees i should be able to run this without updating/paying shouldn't I?

At the moment my perviously installed version of Pro X 16 is currently working fine with nor error pop ups, just the persistent pop up to update.
    it look as though i have now lost the ability to use the Pro X 17 and no way of re-installing that same version as it is only a yearly update which reverts back to Pro X 16 if you don't pay up!!

Frustrated beyond belief, especially with support tickets back and forth with Magix support.
    Condor

as I think acorn said - do not uninstall version 17 as you will then only be able to install version 16 - as magix confirmed

I would try deactivating both entries for your pc in your magix account

then try reactivating the pc and laptop from within the program

this has worked for me in the past

but I repeat do not uninstall/reinstall version 17 on either computer unless all else fails and you will have to go back to ver 16 or pay again [in which case you may wish to wait for version 18?]

it is with out doubt the most unhelpful update system I have ever had the misfortune to deal with
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    as I think acorn said - do not uninstall version 17 as you will then only be able to install version 16 - as magix confirmed

I would try deactivating both entries for your pc in your magix account

then try reactivating the pc and laptop from within the program

this has worked for me in the past

but I repeat do not uninstall/reinstall version 17 on either computer unless all else fails and you will have to go back to ver 16 or pay again [in which case you may wish to wait for version 18?]

it is with out doubt the most unhelpful update system I have ever had the misfortune to deal with

Thank you Handrawn this is a comfort to know you feel the same way
    yes as i thought all the updates i had throughout the update paid year
    would be lost? if I had to revert back to Pro X 16

catch 22 here i cant open the Pro X 17 to even update it for $129
    suppose i was able too, does this mean it will become Pro X 18 and
    next time renewal is due same thing again it will always revert back to Pro X 16?
    if i don't pay up

i cant open Pro X 17??? error code -59
    Magix have told me to uninstall and re-install from my customer area and we have seen there is only the option of Pro X 16

i am screwed which ever way you look at it and the only option is by Magix "gentle persuasion" to pay up $129
    and next time renewal is due same scenario etc etc so i am compelled to keep paying for the updates to keep the yearly upgrades
    at the moment Magix do not or have not told me how i can reinstall my current version of pro X 17 without paying ?
    as it will not open ?
    i am now confined to use my older non updated version of Pro X 16
    i am a prisoner in my own software!!
    Kind regards
    Condor

did you try what I suggested ?

do the deactivations first - it should not be showing two for the same pc - if it has got glitched your program will not open - deactivating both in your account may clear this, and let you proceed
    Nothing lasts forever...

do the deactivations first - it should not be showing two for the same pc - if it has got glitched your program will not open - deactivating both in your account may clear this, and let you proceed

Hi Handrawn,

Thank you, I have deactivated both Pro X 16 from the customer area - My Products.
    i restarted PC and run as administrator I click on the Pro X 17 and the same error code pops up error code -59 the software blips up for a few seconds and then vanishes. I am unable to open or start Pro X 17

the error code-59 is caused by a win 10 update and Magix have a fix for this and that is to completely un-install any versions of Pro X 17 and they give folder paths of the files to delete and then i can re-install but at this point i wouldn't know where to install from? they say install from Prox365 and enter the serial number but this will only be Pro X 16 does this mean i would have lost any updates i previously purchased last year when i upgraded from Pro X 16 to Pro X 17 for $89

and now this year the update is $129 this is approx 40% increase

At this stage my only option would be to re-install Pro X 365 and then put that serial number back in
    as there are no other options available
    or i just carry on using my old Pro X 16
    as it stands i do not have Pro x 17 anymore
    and Magix keep repeating the same instructions and basically i have no other option but to pay the $129
    will this then become Pro X 18? and after the update expires for Pro X 18 and i don't renew, will this then revert back to Pro X365 /Pro X 16.

Many thanks for all your advice and help i am sure others will benefit from this thread too, hopefully someone from Xara or Magix can explain this conundrum and maybe help a loyal customer out here?

I just wanted to keep using my Pro X 17 that i updated last year for one year and was prepared this year to carry on using it without the online catalogue !

I am trapped that's for sure but i can still use previous version of Pro X 16 to upload my websites.

I will just have to accept that the payment i made for the Update last year has now expired so has my Pro X 17 updates
    and i am now back to Pro X 16.

Kind regards
    Condor

so magix are saying a windows update is to blame?

how come there are no others in the same situation?

they should at least allow you access back to version 17, it is hardly your fault...

I suggest you contact Xara - magix may be in charge of the distribution, but it is still xara's product and their goodwill
    Nothing lasts forever...

so magix are saying a windows update is to blame?

how come there are no others in the same situation?

they should at least allow you access back to version 17, it is hardly your fault...

I suggest you contact Xara - magix may be in charge of the distribution, but it is still xara's product and their goodwill
    Thanks I will contact them and try to explain my plight?

Answer form Xara:-

This is the response i get from Xara trying to sell a more expensive package of xara pro + lifetime at 50% off thats about £96 per year .

Your enquiry relates to products that are sold and supported by Magix. They also manage all of your subscription details. I recommend reaching them directly for support at https://support2.magix.com/customer/.
    You mentioned that you are not interested in upgrading so I'll only mention this quickly; we offer a lifetime 50% discount for Xara users wishing to upgrade to Pro+. Let me know if you'd like to explore this option further.
    Best regards,
    Dimitri

Kind regards,
    Condor365
    Last edited by condor365; 16 October 2020 at 09:18 AM. Reason: received a reply from xara

Finally! Phew!!!

I got through to Magix on the phone and a kind person from Germany helped me to download a replacement copy of my original Pro x 17 with a new serial number to enter.
    i uninstalled the previous corrupted version using Revo uninstaller pro ( brilliant bit of software) gets rid if all hidden files
    the new re-installation was perfect and i am now using the reinstalled version of Pro x 17

Xara did offer me a 50% lifetime discount for the latest Pro X+
    which is £101 per year but if you don't renew after the year is up you can no longer edit documents within the Pro X +
    or you can only use the free cloud version which still wont let you edit documents. In essence if we need all the latest updates and best running software we need to pay a yearly fee which is consistent with many other web-design software platforms, any decent ones all want some form of yearly or monthly payment

I think I will stick with my Pro X 17 with out updates and just put up with the persistent annoying pop up update for now.

A huge thank you to Acorn and Handrawn for your support and helping and guiding me through this process much appreciated, without your help i would have screwed it all up for sure!!
    Kind regards
    Condor