Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Event Registration - shopping cart

Setting up a non-profit event site with online registration. Setting up a way to register by purchasing tickets and extras, online.

Have used in past and am trying today to use ECWID for the 'shopping cart'. It seems Ecwid changed the screen layout options in the last year or so, and is more visual for selecting products. Not been able to get it to format or auto-flow thru items.

Would like people to 'register' with name and such and pick which type type they want. Then 'advance' to ask if they want to buy a shirt and what size. And then advance to select extra fare option 1, then advance to extra fare option 2. Basically, to lead them thru the options. Today they have to manually go in and pick one, go back to 'shop more' for the next, go back and forth...
    Think last event, I did 'separate pages' and had people advance from page to page with one option on each. But if they hit <Back> it got messy.

Anyone using Ecwid and made it work as I mentioned?
    OR... using another 'free' Shopping Cart service that fits what I am looking for?

thanks in advance,
    Frolin

Default Re: Event Registration - shopping cart

Romancart is simple to use. Here's a ticket demo
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, thank you for the reply. I understand RomanCart maybe ease to use.
    Your link to the theatre ticket purchase page, is an example of what I do 'not' want... a retail store, various product selection page look.

As mentioned, looking for an event registration look and feel, where people have the choices on 'one page'.
    Hoping to have a setup where people scroll down the page, picking the options in the drop-downs, as they scroll down.

Trying to avoid people having to pick the first selection (initial registration choice), then go back to the home page to figure out they should pick the second item, back to the home to pick the third item.

Key to my inquiry is, not what shopping cart systems are available, but are there any that would work more as a one-page event registration process, look and flow? (and not like a store product selector)

Frolin

Quote Originally Posted by Frolin View Post
    Looking for an event registration look and feel, where people have the choices on 'one page'. Hoping to have a setup where people scroll down the page, picking the options in the drop-downs, as they scroll down. Trying to avoid people having to pick the first selection (initial registration choice), then go back to the home page to figure out they should pick the second item, back to the home to pick the third item. Frolin
    I think I understand - you want the opportunity to upsell an event registration/ ticket purchase where the visitor is encouraged to look and purchase ticket add-ons -maybe?

You could look at building a form using workflow and conditional logic to step the visitor through the buying cycle with a payment option of choice at the end.

I have used this form builder https://www.pabbly.com/form-builder/. The key to making this work is to map out the workflow/ conditional logic and to test whether the app can do it. The upside of the app is you get all the functionality for a single form - it's not free, but it works!

Thereafter, match the style and colours for the form and embed in your website. I have used a basic form using this app - it seemed to work well. Maybe worth a look?

Gary

Hi Florin, I believe you dismiss RomanCart to easily without really researching the options.

There is one that has up to 10 dropdown options:
    Multiple variations which modify the price

If you have lots of options, this is not a problem, you can post itemname, itemname2, up to itemname10.
    In this example, we have also added prices to the options, but this is optional.
    Scroll down to view it on this page
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	128003  
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 03 October 2020 at 02:29 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egge,

I am happy to look at RomanCart again.

I am doing an event registration page and would like to gather the Contact Information and have options to select.
    From your example, much like Ecwid (which I am using thus far), is more a "product selection page" setup.
    ...go shopping for various products, pick and add the registration, pick and add the shirt option, pick and add the clinic option
    ...where hoping to have more of a flowing form approach where you register, then pick options as you flow, not bounce back to a product selection page

Do you have an example of a Event Registration in RomanCart that has a flow approach, not a product selection page ?

Frolin

Hi Florin,

No I don't have an example, I only used RomanCart once a few years back in anger and found it very accomodating. I just thought the multiple variations might suit your needs
    Egg