Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Bug/Conflict - MouseOver Animation Links to Popup (with Sticky Objects)

Following on from the TG thread https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...on-popup-layer, There is (I think) a bug/conflict when you have a MouseOver to popup objects and links that are sticky:

Replicated by the following sequence:

1. Start with a MouseOver animation to a layer with links on that layer. Make everything ‘Sticky’ and preview - all works as expected.

2. Add another layer and a MouseOver to that popup (sticky objects) - now as soon as you MouseOver a link in the first popup - it now closes that popup and you cannot access the links on that popup.

This issue does NOT occur if you use standard links and the MouseOver behavior should (IMO) match that of a standard popup link.

FWIW: Workaround:

Change the popup name(s) to popup(lock) and preview - this time each popup is locked open and works as expected -only now you have to close the popup (add a link on the popup “popup: close”) - or Alt: don't bother using MouseOver/Sticky!

My guess is this relates to the family of issues about animated popups which has been clearly articulated in many threads. You can too I expect, code your way around the issue, but that really should not be necessary.
    Last edited by Initiostar; 30 September 2020 at 10:37 AM.

Default Re: Bug/Conflict - MouseOver Animation Links to Popup (with Sticky Objects)

Thank you for following up our conversation with this. So many issues... so little time! I appreciate yours (time)! Thanks!