Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Highlighting Acorns excellent CSS3 Image Filter Generator.

Recently Acorn answered a thread in a very quiet backwater of the Forums.

LINK

I believe it needs more of a spotlight so I've created this post.

I attach a xar file using his filter.

Here's what it's capable of:

DEMO

Gone into my Goodies folder.

Now I'm going to be cheeky and ask Acorn if the filter could in anyway contain a rotation element?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Highlighting Acorns excellent CSS3 Image Filter Generator.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Now I'm going to be cheeky and ask Acorn if the filter could in anyway contain a rotation element?
    Egg, thank you for the plug.

I don't understand your ask on "a rotation element"?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn. I create animated svg's like the one in my example. They only animate in the original orientation they where created in. Is there a way to rotate them using your generator or somehow else?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Acorn. I create animated svg's like the one in my example. They only animate in the original orientation they where created in. Is there a way to rotate them using your generator or somehow else?
    Egg, that would probably be a CSS transform: rotate(degrees); on the SVG tag or its ID.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn. To late tonight, I'll look into it later
    Egg

Just checked.

Select the SVG Placeholder and in Xara add a Name/ID/Anchor e.g., freda.
    Add <style> #freda {transform: rotate(10deg); } </style>

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 30 September 2020 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Corrected code - style not script - D'oh!

Info Re: Highlighting Acorns excellent CSS3 Image Filter Generator.

...and considerably more fun with:
    Code:
    <style>
    #freda {
      transition: 1s;
    }
    #freda:hover {
      transform: rotate(180deg);
    }
    </style>
    or
    Code:
    <style>
    #freda:hover {
      animation: spin 0.5s infinite;
    }

@keyframes spin {
      0% {
      transform: rotate(0deg);
      }
      100% {
      transform: rotate(360deg);
      }
    }
    </style>
    Acorn

Cheers Acorn, that's great!

DEMO
    Egg

Talking Re: Highlighting Acorns excellent CSS3 Image Filter Generator.

Cheers Acorn, that's great!
    DEMO
    Thought it would appeal.
    I like how you kept freda on and didn't furlough her.

Acorn