Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Can someone please verify the latest version of DPX17

that is good...

but:

nope
    was a rather parliamentarianesque answer to my question about DPX17; I think we can draw our own conclusions from this, and where the priorities lie for the moment at least
    Last edited by handrawn; 30 September 2020 at 04:26 PM. Reason: use a big word spell it rite
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Matt writes:
    We have a program to deal with users that have an active update service to make the transition to DP+.
    Can you give us a link? That sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Matt writes:

Can you give us a link? That sounds great!
    In a simple summary, the program is a time credit for an active update service on the future renewal of DP+. Every user is different in terms of products owned and the cost/timing of the update service so we must deal with users individually. Contact us via the chat on xara.com or in xara cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Matt, can you please be consistent with terminology: I have Xara Designer Pro+ on my Desktop; my usage of Xara Cloud is identified as Xara Cloud Pro+ and my subscription is identified as both Pro+ and PRO+.

Sounds like you are on Pro+. Great!

Matt, until Xara Designer Pro+ crashes and then if you are off-line you are cooked.

If DP+ crashes and you have no internet access or access at a speed that is too slow to get running again. Yep cooked.

Matt, you are still underselling the power of Xara Cloud Pro+ as an adjunct. I know the focus is on flyers and static media but you need to get a working Preview for Presentations and Websites and not rely on a Client staging through Share > Share to web: generated URL.

You sell it better than us with the highlights you've shared on using Xara Cloud with clients in your business. More improvements and new use cases are in the works.

Matt, perhaps a fix to the very messy new controls or the poorly-thought out Smart Duplicate feature or the inability to add an Image Filename to a picture?

Thanks.

Acorn
    Thanks.

Lightbulb Re: Can someone please verify the latest version of DPX17

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    In a simple summary, the program is a time credit for an active update service on the future renewal of DP+. Every user is different in terms of products owned and the cost/timing of the update service so we must deal with users individually. Contact us via the chat on xara.com or in xara cloud.
    Matt, I think you need to make this 100% crystal clear as many TGers are baffled by Product Names, Magix/Xara responsibilities and the updating frequency.

Something like:
    • Xara is in a position to offer extant Magix Update Service (MUS) purchasers a wonderful opportunity to transition across to the Xara Cloud+/Xara Designer Pro+ combo at equitable rates that include the LIFETIME 50% discount.
    • This only applies to active MUS users of Xara Designer Pro version 17 (XDPXv17) and upwards.
    • It does not cover the other Xara Desktop applications but if you step up to our flagship product (Pro+), you are still getting a great deal with our LIFETIME 50% discount offer.
    • The combo is a monthly/yearly subscription model.
    • You still retain your existing XDPXv17 licence but if we extend your subscription by the remaining time in your MUS then you will lose the on-line services; the XDPXv17 will still work but only with your local assets.
    • If you let your combo subscription lapse, you lose all access to the combo. You can resubscribe a month at a time so if your business model could be XDPXv17 development with latter resubscription when engaged with your client.
    • Subscribing for the combo always delivers the latest updates. Your lapsed XDPXv17 may not be able to handle these but you always have the opportunity to test and renew your combo subscription.
    • You gain use of Xara Cloud Pro+, which can be used interactively with Xara Designer Pro+ and, importantly, your clients.
    • Magix are no longer involved so your Website M access will expire too.
    • Xara is considering alternative hosting arrangements.
    • Xara offers on-line help through Xara Cloud with industry-leading response times.
    • Xara is more agile in delivering product updates to the combo so bug fixes are frequent and targeted so you do not have to wait for your MUS renewal to secure important features.

i must stress, this is the the type of communication I would like and expect to hear from Xara rather than have to collate everything I have listed through lots of time-consuming questions.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Matt, I think you need to make this 100% crystal clear as many TGers are baffled by Product Names, Magix/Xara responsibilities and the updating frequency.

Something like:
    • Xara is in a position to offer extant Magix Update Service (MUS) purchasers a wonderful opportunity to transition across to the Xara Cloud+/Xara Designer Pro+ combo at equitable rates that include the LIFETIME 50% discount.
    • This only applies to active MUS users of Xara Designer Pro version 17 (XDPXv17) and upwards.
    • It does not cover the other Xara Desktop applications but if you step up to our flagship product (Pro+), you are still getting a great deal with our LIFETIME 50% discount offer.
    • The combo is a monthly/yearly subscription model.
    • You still retain your existing XDPXv17 licence but if we extend your subscription by the remaining time in your MUS then you will lose the on-line services; the XDPXv17 will still work but only with your local assets.
    • If you let your combo subscription lapse, you lose all access to the combo. You can resubscribe a month at a time so if your business model could be XDPXv17 development with latter resubscription when engaged with your client.
    • Subscribing for the combo always delivers the latest updates. Your lapsed XDPXv17 may not be able to handle these but you always have the opportunity to test and renew your combo subscription.
    • You gain use of Xara Cloud Pro+, which can be used interactively with Xara Designer Pro+ and, importantly, your clients.
    • Magix are no longer involved so your Website M access will expire too.
    • Xara is considering alternative hosting arrangements.
    • Xara offers on-line help through Xara Cloud with industry-leading response times.
    • Xara is more agile in delivering product updates to the combo so bug fixes are frequent and targeted so you do not have to wait for your MUS renewal to secure important features.

i must stress, this is the the type of communication I would like and expect to hear from Xara rather than have to collate everything I have listed through lots of time-consuming questions.

Acorn
    Yes I agree entirely thank you Acorn for putting it in a nutshell (pardon the pun!!)
    Why do we need to be a professor to understand an update/upgrade.

Far too complicated!! I do Hope between Xara and Magix can collaborate and
    make the choices far less complicated going forward.
    Condor
    make this a simple transition
    Condor

I think eventually Xara will be alone wolf and then it will rename Xara. I will check on my own comment in a few years or less.

the mish-mash of product variants is a marketing ploy typical of the likes of magix not xara; no coincidence the variants started appearing shortly after xara and magix linked up...

now xara have their own 'lone-wolf' again in the '+' and cloud, maybe they will do some renaming...

matt has yet to convince me that the legacy xara products have a real future long-term - xara may still be control of the coding, but if the distribution is up to magix then the question is what priority does magix give them ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...