Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Can someone please verify the latest version of DPX17

Hi folks

I currently have installed DPX17 and it saying it's version 17.0.0.58732 Mar 12 2020. I tried the "Check for updates" in DPX17 .... nada.

Just wondering if this is actually the latest version of DPX17 and if there is an update for this version in the works (Maybe 17.1)

I am aware there is a Designer Pro X+. However, I believe this is the version that is tied in to Xara cloud (please correct me if I'm wrong here). I have zero interest in a enabled cloud version.

Default Re: Can someone please verify the latest version of DPX17

Xara Designer Pro X 17.0.0.58732 DL x64 Mar 12 2020 is what I have. 17 was a jump from 16.3 I think, but was more like 16.4.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Xara Designer Pro X 17.0.0.58732 DL x64 Mar 12 2020 is what I have. 17 was a jump from 16.3 I think, but was more like 16.4.
    Thanks for that.

Here's hoping for an update for DPX17 soon to 17.1...

I have the same as GP
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

The same here.
    Since a half year no updates or improvements, sorry Magix/Xara this is not the way to kidding us.
    We have a promise from you that you will not fulfill.

Quote Originally Posted by Promidi View Post
    Hi folks

I currently have installed DPX17 and it saying it's version 17.0.0.58732 Mar 12 2020. I tried the "Check for updates" in DPX17 .... nada.

Just wondering if this is actually the latest version of DPX17 and if there is an update for this version in the works (Maybe 17.1)

I am aware there is a Designer Pro X+. However, I believe this is the version that is tied in to Xara cloud (please correct me if I'm wrong here). I have zero interest in a enabled cloud version.
    Hi Promidi,

The new Xara Designer Pro+ does come with the usage of Xara Cloud Pro. For ease of use, they are linked with the same email for login. You don't have to use Xara Cloud. That is, you can use Pro+ just like you use DPX17 today...and offline. Pro+ does require a periodic check-in for subscription verification. For the people that are exploring Xara Cloud, we are appreciative of the feedback around the benefits that have been identified, some needed improvements and wants, and new ideas of use cases that help the roadmap considerations.

Matt

PS to all - maybe another Pro+ update next week 🤫

but pro+ does require a renewal every year to keep it right?

unlike the magix distributed programs, where you have the option not to renew at the expense of losing content, but do not lose the use of the program
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Question Re: Can someone please verify the latest version of DPX17

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    The new Xara Designer Pro+ does come with the usage of Xara Cloud Pro.
    Matt, can you please be consistent with terminology: I have Xara Designer Pro+ on my Desktop; my usage of Xara Cloud is identified as Xara Cloud Pro+ and my subscription is identified as both Pro+ and PRO+.

That is, you can use Pro+ just like you use DPX17 today...and offline. Pro+ does require a periodic check-in for subscription verification.
    Matt, until Xara Designer Pro+ crashes and then if you are off-line you are cooked.

For the people that are exploring Xara Cloud, we are appreciative of the feedback around the benefits that have been identified, some needed improvements and wants, and new ideas of use cases that help the roadmap considerations.
    Matt, you are still underselling the power of Xara Cloud Pro+ as an adjunct. I know the focus is on flyers and static media but you need to get a working Preview for Presentations and Websites and not rely on a Client staging through Share > Share to web: generated URL.

PS to all - maybe another Pro+ update next week
    Matt, perhaps a fix to the very messy new controls or the poorly-thought out Smart Duplicate feature or the inability to add an Image Filename to a picture?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

PS to all - maybe another Pro+ update next week 🤫
    I take it from your silence on XDP17 that it is still languishing in the shadows...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I take it from your silence on XDP17 that it is still languishing in the shadows...
    Which I believe is the point of this thread.

Matt - As development of DPX is sporadic at best, why not give all registered users of DPX 17 a free year of DP+?