Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile New functions for XARA Designer Pro X coming soon (maybe!)

Hehe, that made you look!!!

I had a promising looking email from Magix yesterday announcing "New functions for XARA Designer Pro X coming soon".

Bit confused though, because looking through the email link titled "View all new features", the features shown were either "New since March 2020", or even older, June/October 2019.

I suppose it could be Magix knows I've not renewed my update service (for Photo & Graphic Designer) since June 2019 and assumes all these features will be new to me. Either way I'm still hopeful there really are some new 'new functions' on the way!

Of course despite the current discount offers I wont update until a new version is fully launched to ensure I can reinstall it again after expiry and it does actually include new functions useful to me - especially High DPI Display / Windows scaling support.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Default Re: New functions for XARA Designer Pro X coming soon (maybe!)

magix.. love em or hate em...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

At least you get emails from them, I don't

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    At least you get emails from them, I don't
    I'd keep quiet about that! Once they start they never stop. (Have you checked your spam folder?)
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Yes, no spam but I will look into it. Thanks. Right now I am taking pleasure in the Fall popup from Magix whenever I run Xara 17.

Yes, I get the Fall (even though it's spring down under) pop up as well - even though I have clicked "Do not show this again"

I wonder if renaming the following file gets rid of if:

"C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\17\UPS\Service_rel_u_x64_vc12.exe"

I have not actually done this in case it breaks anything else to do with DPX17 checking for Xara updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Promidi View Post
    Yes, I get the Fall (even though it's spring down under) pop up as well - even though I have clicked "Do not show this again"

I wonder if renaming the following file gets rid of if:

"C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\17\UPS\Service_rel_u_x64_vc12.exe"

I have not actually done this in case it breaks anything else to do with DPX17 checking for Xara updates.
    Just rename the UPS folder.

Restore it every month or so in case your subs about to expire or a fantastical Magix offer actually appears!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Just rename the UPS folder.
    Doesn't that cause the built-in ftp function to fail? I remember changing a folder name and since then I have to use FileZilla, even when I changed it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Doesn't that cause the built-in ftp function to fail? I remember changing a folder name and since then I have to use FileZilla, even when I changed it back.

I just renamed the UPS folder here. Opened up a webpage in DPX17 and I was still able to upload the website changes to my custom FTP server just as before.

I will keep the UPS folder renamed and see if it does break anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    The UPS folder is a Magix sludge. It ought not interfere. I have done this with all my versions and haven't seen any problem.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat