Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Uninstall old software version

A recent email from Xara announced newsletter templates are now available. I am running version 17 of Web Designer but when I downloaded one of these templates it opened version 16. I assume I can use the Windows program uninstall feature but can’t quite bring myself to do it. Am I right?

Default Re: Uninstall old software version

Quote Originally Posted by JFry View Post
    A recent email from Xara announced newsletter templates are now available. I am running version 17 of Web Designer but when I downloaded one of these templates it opened version 16. I assume I can use the Windows program uninstall feature but can’t quite bring myself to do it. Am I right?
    The Newsletter Teplates email is for Pro+:
    The newsletters along with other new templates and components will be available in the template library of Designer Pro+.
    If you are opening in v16 then your file association needs to be changed. That's all.
    In file Explorer, right-click on the file, pick Open with and then Choose another app...
    You need to know the path to your v17.

I would keep v16 installed regardless.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you. Although the templates are in the template library of Pro+, the email does say 'Download any of them and edit in your Xara Software: Web Designer, Designer Pro X or Photo & Graphic Designer'. I have downloaded one now and it does seem to work.

Quote Originally Posted by JFry View Post
    Thank you. Although the templates are in the template library of Pro+, the email does say 'Download any of them and edit in your Xara Software: Web Designer, Designer Pro X or Photo & Graphic Designer'. I have downloaded one now and it does seem to work.
    So really the issue is changing the linking to v16, a means of which I described and its retention, which I recommended.

I had, at least, expected Pro+ to download their integration from the Online Content Catalogue into my Local Designs gallery.
    They appear in neither.

Xara has two delivery streams and although I can access these Templates in Xara Cloud, not every template theme is immediately visible: you have to change the Team Profile > Industry to include Real Estate templates.
    Also Xara Cloud has 6 of these Newletters. The OCC has 103 "Newsletters".

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 27 September 2020 at 04:01 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes, I've done that and it all works so thank you again.