Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PayPal widget not worrking

trying to insert the add to cart widget, but the widget window starts to load, but then instantly disappears, leaving the insert window blank....same for all PayPal widgets, am I doing something wrong?

Default Re: PayPal widget not worrking

Quote Originally Posted by stuk34 View Post
    trying to insert the add to cart widget, but the widget window starts to load, but then instantly disappears, leaving the insert window blank....same for all PayPal widgets, am I doing something wrong?
    Mine is OK so try running your XDA as administrator just the once and retry as normal.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Have you set it up with your account info? And is the widget on the MouseOff layer?

Hi Both

Running as administrator makes no difference,
    gwpriester, when you say setup first do you mean in the Paypal account? I assumed I would add all details to the widget window, but the widget loads briefly and then disappears, the error message says no html to import

A quick screen record of what happens when clicking to import widget
    Attached Files Attached Files

When I try to create this PayPal Widget it asks for the various information, then there is a button at the bottom, Create Button (or Save Changes)

Then there is a second screen from which you need to log into your PayPal account.

After you have entered all the information, then I think you click Insert.

Sure that's what I expected, the widget window flashes up "loading" with the Paypal data, then disappears, nothing in the widget window. as per screen record I posted.

tried and using many other widgets no problem. Is this a system error?

Info Re: PayPal widget not worrking

stuk34, I don't download unsolicited files (your mp4) so your flashing off and coming up with a No HTML message is telling me your Return key is being activated somehow.

I have had similar issues in the past with wireless mice so one thing you can try is a wired mouse and keyboard.

If none are available then you will have to go through PayPal directly.

I just tried the new Smart button and got:
    Code:
    <div id="smart-button-container" width=100% height=100% >
          <div style="text-align: center;">
            <div id="paypal-button-container"></div>
          </div>
        </div>
      <script src="https://www.paypal.com/sdk/js?client-id=sb&currency=GBP" data-sdk-integration-source="button-factory"></script>
      <script>
        function initPayPalButton() {
          paypal.Buttons({
            style: {
              shape: 'rect',
              color: 'blue',
              layout: 'vertical',
              label: 'buynow',

},

createOrder: function(data, actions) {
              return actions.order.create({
                purchase_units: [{"description":"One two three","amount":{"currency_code":"GBP","value":149.21,"breakdown":{"item_total":{"currency_code":"GBP","value":123.321},"shipping":{"currency_code":"GBP","value":1.23},"tax_total":{"currency_code":"GBP","value":24.66}}}}]
              });
            },

onApprove: function(data, actions) {
              return actions.order.capture().then(function(details) {
                alert('Transaction completed by ' + details.payer.name.given_name + '!');
              });
            },

onError: function(err) {
              console.log(err);
            }
          }).render('#paypal-button-container');
        }
        initPayPalButton();
      </script>
    I added the red bit so I could adjust the button size.

You will still have to include all your correct credentials and choose the appropriate button...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'm not really sure if this is a system error. But try this.

Log into your PayPal account and create the widget on the PayPal site. Then copy the embed code and try using that in a placeholder in Xara.

Acorn beat me to it.

Thanks both,
    Acorn your script copied into a placeholder works OK, with my own ID credentials. This produces a payment button, but I'm looking for the add to cart option and then a checkout, this seems to be a pay now button for a single item.

I hoped the widget would be more user friendly than having to go through the Sandbox route on PayPal, well beyond me even understanding the jargon!

I have added donation button and a single item payment button on a few other sites, but hoped the widget would be able to be configured from inside Xara ion plain text