Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: New page deletes existing navbar button

Here:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	127962  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

So I put the # in the 'Link to web or email address' box?

Sorry Egg didn't see your post on the second page.

Okay, just tried changing 'Do nothing' to a hash in 'Link to web etc' and a warning comes up 'You have at least one button with both a link and a menu. On touch-only devices, visitors to your site won't be able to use the menu because touching the button will invoke the button link.'

Quote Originally Posted by JFry View Post
    Okay, just tried changing 'Do nothing' to a hash in 'Link to web etc' and a warning comes up 'You have at least one button with both a link and a menu. On touch-only devices, visitors to your site won't be able to use the menu because touching the button will invoke the button link.'
    Well we're not worried about any of that yet.
    Just try adding a New Page. Is anything overwritten?
    Have you unticked the option I described?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have unticked the automatically links box and created a new page. The new page hasn't overwritten a button as did before so that's good news, but equally it hasn't added a button to the end of the navbar. That's not a problem because I can just put it where I want it. Should I be worried about the warning though?

Quote Originally Posted by JFry View Post
    I have unticked the automatically links box and created a new page. The new page hasn't overwritten a button as did before so that's good news, but equally it hasn't added a button to the end of the navbar. That's not a problem because I can just put it where I want it. Should I be worried about the warning though?
    Now you have unticked the Add a Link for a Page, you don't need the # anyhow. Just remove it and add in new buttons by hand.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I knew this all along of course - just testing Thank you again.