Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Home page shift in 460 px variant

Referencing www.billwood.ca home page in the phone variant.
    Upon opening the home page there is a shift to the left a number of px. I’m using stretch for many of the graphics including the page background. The page background is repeated in this variant. I’m populating some of the other pages and this shift is not happening.
    I’d like to use stretch on the home page. If I revert the components to non stretch the home page is viewing fine.
    It’s a real head scratcher, and I’ve tried a number of combinations of stretch but can’t solve it.
    Many thanks for your ideas TGrs.

~Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Home page shift in 460 px variant

Something to check is do you have anything on the pasteboard? In the past this has caused a page shift for me.

Somehow you altered the Origin on the homepage: <body class="xr_bgb1" style="background-position: 10px 0px;">
    Elsewhere it is <body class="xr_bgb1" style="background-position: 2px 0px;">.

If you have adjusted it in the last 5 minutes, I cannot get any jumps anywhere.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Actually I’m still getting the same shift on the home page in the phone variant. I don’t know how to check the code. I’m going to have to look up that x/y coordinate page tutorial that @acorn did. This type of thing is my nemesis and happens to me a lot. Can’t figure out why.

Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

I’m not sure the steps I took to solve this, but I’ve made the page white, and the past board white with a reset. Check the x and y origins. Must have been something hidden.
    I like to retrace my steps because this happens quite often to me.
    Thanks @acorn for finding the code.
    W
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

I had the same issue and nothing was on the paste board.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I had the same issue and nothing was on the paste board.
    I originally had the paste board a different color so I could see at a glance the size of the page. I did everything to fix the shift and decided to do some radical. I just did a reset on the paste board options and seemed to fix it. Most of the elements are stretch anyway so decided on white, the same color of the page.
    W
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    I originally had the paste board a different color so I could see at a glance the size of the page. I did everything to fix the shift and decided to do some radical. I just did a reset on the paste board options and seemed to fix it. Most of the elements are stretch anyway so decided on white, the same color of the page.
    W
    Bill, thank you for adding to our collective knowledge.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    W
    I do not understand what a reset is, care to explain or demonstrate in a video or graphic?

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I do not understand what a reset is, care to explain or demonstrate in a video or graphic?
    Right click on the Pasteboard > Pasteboard Background > Reset