Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Supersite to Conventional

The strangest thing happened, and I realized it too late. I began designing a website and it created it as a supersite (unbeknownst to me). It should be a conventional website. Is this going to cause me problems down the road? I have added multiple pages already. I've also tried to figure out how to 'flip a switch' to turn it into a conventional website... but have not been able to figure this out. Thoughts? Could this turn into an issue?

Default Re: Supersite to Conventional

Not an issue.

Utilities > Web Export Options > Conventional Site. Done.

You will no longer have page transitions or vertical rolldown.

I switch back and forth all the time and cannot think what you might lose.

If you have added lots of Placeholder code, switching to a Supersite would potentially be a difficulty.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Not an issue.

Utilities > Web Export Options > Conventional Site. Done.

You will no longer have page transitions or vertical rolldown.

I switch back and forth all the time and cannot think what you might lose.

If you have added lots of Placeholder code, switching to a Supersite would potentially be a difficulty.

Acorn

Yeah, I tried that. But it does not give me the option to choose conventional.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supersite-to-conventional.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	127938

Acorn
    I do have lots of Placeholder code... but am trying to switch to Conventional... will this be a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by sorengen View Post
    Yeah, I tried that. But it does not give me the option to choose conventional.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supersite-to-conventional.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	127938
    Then you probably set it up as Web (Presentation) or a Print document.

The little icon by the side of your document tab is probably a (stacked) paper one and not a blue W.

In Options > General > Document Editing > Document type, check is says Web document.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I do have lots of Placeholder code... but am trying to switch to Conventional... will this be a problem?
    As a rule, no. If you code was specific to a shape, that should still work.
    If it were for a Page, a Supersite mungs all the pages together anyhow.
    A Website collection of code stays as is.

Acorn

Then you probably set it up as Web (Presentation) or a Print document.

The little icon by the side of your document tab is probably a (stacked) paper one and not a blue W.

In Options > General > Document Editing > Document type, check is says Web document.

Acorn
    I have yet so much to learn...! Wow, by the time I'm done with this website I should be paying you a fat little commission! lol... Thanks Acorn!

I have yet so much to learn...! Wow, by the time I'm done with this website I should be paying you a fat little commission! lol... Thanks Acorn!
    Funnily enough, in the past four months I have had more commissions to "sort out" Xara-designed sites rather than building ones afresh.

I am happy either way but I prefer the former as the client gains more xara experience and I also know the site will be maintained better as they understand the nuances i have delivered.

Acorn

YAHOO
    i had the same problem
    could not select (make) website variants
    your solution << In Options > General > Document Editing > Document type, check is says Web document.>> worked
    suggestion:
    for us NEW guys that do not know where OPTIONS is located
    Utiities>In Options > General > Document Editing > Document type, check is says Web document