Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Link text on popup layer

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    I think you may have uncovered a conflict/bug with a MouseOver animation and Sticky objects on a popup layer - I ran a test which caused a sticky text area NOT to stick as expected! In my case text disappeared up the page on its popup. I will post what I believe the issue to be later, but in the meantime, I have a solution which I think works better than having your large menu bar hog a lot of permanent space on (at least) the index page.

Attachment 127968

Here is the principle (XAR attached):

1. Let the large menu bar scroll up the page and out of view, have a 'hamburger' icon with a link to Top-of-Page that retrieves the menu by scrolling it into view from the top.

2. Optionally: you can add a slim NavBar that is sticky at the top of the page (always visible) and it too can be used to bring any submenu into view (again by scrolling it into view from the top). In my case I have used a Javascript link to the Xara generated popup id: xr_cpu(n), where "n" is the internal number assigned to each popup. To find the correct number, create a link as normal (preview in Chrome/Firefox) and you will see that in the bottom left of your browser "javascript:xr_cpu(n)" for each popup. You then add the command to open at the top of page "javascript:xr_cpu(n);xr_top()"

Attachment 127971

3. For each page that your submenu's take the visitor, I would use a simple standard NavBar, similar to the slim NavBar in (2) - note the popup number (n) changes for each popup on each page.

When you come to do the mobile variant this approach might help.

I will post the conflict/bug later - it could just be me - and there is likely another way getting the large menu to stick correctly!
    Very nice, Gary! Thank you! I like both ideas, but like that slim bar at the top best. I think I will give that a try and make a case with the client for more 'real estate' space! Thanks so much for taking the time to help me find a working solution that I think I can 'sell'!

Info Re: Link text on popup layer

I've gone back to basics and I have a valid (no code) solution with Sticky and the use of (Hamburger-style) Xara NavBars acting as individual buttons.

Xara NavBar Buttons.xar

Just added in the About and Christain character buttons.
    set up as Sticky so you can see the difference.

In the end only need the MousrOver for the rollover effect and no other Layers.
    All done within the xara Navbar.

Tricks to remember:
    • Text needs to be a centred Text Column.
    • Group with a Back Box.
    • Add Name of htmltext.
    • Set up all colours as Named ones.
    • Don't go for very wide text submenus - I had to split the About one.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat