Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default motion video or GIF as a Pasteboard image

Trying to figure out how to get a 'video clip' or even animated GIF to load and play in the Pasteboard ?

Have seem a handful of sites where, the 'screen has motion' behind the menu and background box itself.
    Seem to recall reading about it here somewhere but can't find.

Is this possible? If so, how and any suggestions or tips for best results?

thanks in advance,
    Frolin

Default Re: motion video or GIF as a Pasteboard image

Quote Originally Posted by Frolin View Post
    Trying to figure out how to get a 'video clip' or even animated GIF to load and play in the Pasteboard ?

Have seem a handful of sites where, the 'screen has motion' behind the menu and background box itself.
    Seem to recall reading about it here somewhere but can't find.

Is this possible? If so, how and any suggestions or tips for best results?

thanks in advance,
    Frolin
    I created a demo with some different video options a while back: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Video/index.htm.

XAR demo attached - this may help. The demo works across variants and scale-to-fit-width.

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've not seen a thread about videos without Gary sprinkling gems and gold dust all over it. Always good advice, often with a .xar for reference...top shelf stuff.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Awards.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	127918

+1
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Gary, thanks for the reply and sharing the sample page.
    Appears to answer my question in part, yes a video can me done. But I'm not following how.
    There is an XAR file, which does not open in a normal Windows world. Reviewed the sample code that says it goes in the Page HTML code (head).

So is this an option in Xara 17 itself, or are does it mean we have to get out of Xara and manually add to the HTML code (which would mean NO to my initial question - doing this in the pasteboard).
    Thanks for your help - this looks like the right direction, just not clear on some steps.

Frolin

To add code to a page, and/or site:

Name:	Page Code.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	127928

Chris, thanks, that was the one liner I needed to start in the right direction.
    And thanks again to Gary for the answer and great demo page.

Frolin

Guys,

Have been able to make this feature work, now just trying to trim a video to use and having issues...
    ...this is not Xara, but wanted to briefly ask a simple quick answer, as others doing this background may have seen the issue.

Have a mp4 video I like, put the original file on my web server and it plays fine as the background for the web page - works fine. But is a tad long.
    When I edit it, using either Pinnacle Studio or MS-Windows Photo, it will play locally but not from the web.
    I get is a black browser window, first showing a loading circle, then a generic audio play box. See screen shots below.
    It opens, acts like an audio file only, just no video when playing from the web.
    Even manually opening via http link gets same issue, from different browsers, from my PC and my phone, so it's not in Xara.

Have gotten a couple edits to work, but not tweaked enough for my final use. In general it seems any editing, to trim length and/or to crop the video, then save, upload, test, is bad.
    These videos play fine locally in a couple video viewers, just fails once I put them online, so is a web viewing glitch.

Just thought would ask a short off-product issue to see if someone has a quick easy answer...

Name:	Video-viewing-issue-a.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	127977 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Video-viewing-issue-b.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	127978

Don't want to open a MS coding topic here, but if anyone has seen and has short answer, would appreciate, as Google searches have me going in 19 wrong directions.

Frolin

Are you exporting your edited video clip in MP4?

Yes, exporting in MP4 format.
    ...have exported many to mp4 and no issues