Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mobile menu -having issue with part not showing up near the right side margin

Hello. Could use your wisdom once again.

On this site: BodaciousBeardies.com, and using the MOBILE MENU (the cute little hamburger) with either the site shrunk down on my computer for testing and to emulate the mobile or on my phone, there is one part that goes off the page to the right and does not drift back to the left so you can see all the words or links properly. See exactly in the menu what I speak of.

It's under: "Dreamchaser" and then "Emerald" and it flows to the right there instead of kicking back in view to the left as much of the rest of the menu does. How can I fix or adjust this? I am dumbfounded!

Sue

Default Re: Mobile menu -having issue with part not showing up near the right side margin

Sue, just split out the names as you have sub-menus for them already.
    You an do this with a set of sub-menu links that even go to the same page.

You have sub-menu text that is widen that the Variant width.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Mobile menu -having issue with part not showing up near the right side margin

Acorn, what do you mean "split out the names?"

There are other sub-menu text that instead of going past the variant, they go to the left so they can be read.

Can you please explain so I can fix it?

Or should I create a CSS menu and do I insert the coding into the "head"?
    Last edited by SueB; 21 September 2020 at 01:43 PM.

Info Re: Mobile menu -having issue with part not showing up near the right side margin

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    Acorn, what do you mean "split out the names?"
    There are other sub-menu text that instead of going past the variant, they go to the left so they can be read.
    Can you please explain so I can fix it?
    Or should I create a CSS menu and do I insert the coding into the "head"?
    The Emerald sub-menu structure should be:

• Emerald
      • Emerald's sire - Rony
      • Emerald's dam - ShelbyAnn
      • Emerald's Siblings
        • Archie
        • Brynne
        • Lucca
        • Percy
        • ---------------
        • Puppy Pictures!
        • Puppy Videos!

For Sapphire:

• Sapphire
      • Sapphire's Sire
      • Sapphire's Dam
      • Sapphire's Siblings
        • Beckham
        • Dilynn
        • Shelby Ann
        • Gage

The last four all go to the same page.

I have to assume a flaw in the Xara coding for its NavBars in that it gets confused when the sub-menu text gets very long.

Setting up a multi-level CSS-only menu is not for the faint-hearted.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Okay, forgive me as I've had some medical issues and the brain is slower than normal and gets confused easily! ;(

Are you saying to take out the "Dreamchaser" and move Emerald and Sapphire, up to that level and then the sub-menu of for instance, Emerald's sire - Rony, Emerald's Dam etc. now under that?

If that is what you are saying, I am trying to showcase their kennel by putting them under "Dreamchaser"...hmmm. Otherwise, these same dogs are owned by me and under "Our Beardies."

Yes, I am aware that under Sapphire her siblings are all go to the same page..as I ended up making up a video but anyone wanting to find them by name, it's easier to see and making it not as long in words on one line.

Oh, gosh...I think I'm lost.

Sue, your sub menu texts are too wide for the Variant.
    I said sub menu, nothing about deleting Dreamchaser.
    Where a line is too long, split it out by placing the names of the siblings in a deeper sub menu.

Acorn

Acorn, thanks for your patience. I "get" it now. You are absolutely right and brilliant and I THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Thank you Thank you Thank YOU!

Sue