Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Increasing the length of a ready made nav bar.

Sorry, I’ve asked too much already. One more question. I’ve used a nav bar from the catalogue and stuck the nav bar on top. The page background is white, and the nav bar is also white. Moving down the page you’ll notice the nav bar follows but is not the full length of the page. I have not ungrouped the nav bar as yet. (Honestly I’m always afraid of ungrouping, because every time I do it, and regroup buttons I always break it). I’m wondering if I can use another layer of a white rectangle behind the nav bar, stick it at the top, and it would follow with the nav bar.
    As I mentioned I’ve asked way to many questions about this site I’m building. Many thanks to all for your suggestions. View the example here. Www.billwood.ca

~Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Increasing the length of a ready made nav bar.

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Sorry, I’ve asked too much already. One more question. I’ve used a nav bar from the catalogue and stuck the nav bar on top. The page background is white, and the nav bar is also white. Moving down the page you’ll notice the nav bar follows but is not the full length of the page. I have not ungrouped the nav bar as yet. (Honestly I’m always afraid of ungrouping, because every time I do it, and regroup buttons I always break it). I’m wondering if I can use another layer of a white rectangle behind the nav bar, stick it at the top, and it would follow with the nav bar.
    As I mentioned I’ve asked way to many questions about this site I’m building. Many thanks to all for your suggestions. View the example here. Www.billwood.ca

~Bill
    Bill, by "height", I have to assume you mean width.

All you need do is create a box, make it Sticky and Stretch to Full Width and place under the NavBar.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@acorn. Thank You. Pardon the terminology. I’ve been copy and pasting so much I’m a bit numb.

~W
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Bill, by "height", I have to assume you mean width.

All you need do is create a box, make it Sticky and Stretch to Full Width and place under the NavBar.

Acorn
    Everyone and @acorn

I’m still have difficulty with this for some reason. I place the white rectangle under the nav bar, and repeat.

It sounds like a simple problem but for some reason it’s not working for me. In the enclosed pic you can see the 'white rectangle' is below the 'navbar group'. I can't move the navbar group in the mouseoff layer, but I can move the white rectangle upwards. It would be nice if I could move the Navbar group to the top of the mouseoff layer, with the white rectangle to follow, sticking both to the top. That would solve any and all problems.

Thanks

-Bill.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rectangle under.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	128155
    Last edited by bwood; 23 October 2020 at 06:39 PM.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

@acorn
    I’m still have difficulty with this for some reason. If I place the white rectangle under the nav bar, and repeat, can I soft group the nav bar and the white rectangle below it. It sounds like a simple problem but for some reason it’s not working for me. Thanks
    -Bill.
    Bill, I've just thrown a quickie together at https://rotten-rabbit-67.loca.lt/NavBar/.

Run the index.htm file or download the XAR.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sorry @acorn. I get a 404 on your above link.

pic enclosed again Acorn.Attachment 128156
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Sorry @acorn. I get a 404 on your above link.

pic enclosed again Acorn.Attachment 128156
    I trashed it so try https://proud-mule-38.loca.lt/NavBar/.

Acorn

As one can see I've moved the navbar group and the white rectangle all the way up under the mousoff layer. It 'should' cover everything - but .. its not. Interesting problem. pic included

-BillClick image for larger version. 

Name:	navbar_white rectangle.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	128157
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Both Navbar and underbar need to be made Sticky.
    Yhe Underbar is also Stretchy.

It should be under the NavBar; a Soft-group will not affect the situation.

If you use Stick at Top (S@T), you must do it to both.
    S@T has the additional problem that content is then sandwiched between NavBar and Underbar.

Acorn

As one can see I've moved the navbar group and the white rectangle all the way up under the mousoff layer. It 'should' cover everything - but .. its not. Interesting problem. pic included

-BillClick image for larger version. 

Name:	navbar_white rectangle.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	128157
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design