Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to put in customer reviews page?

Hi everyone

I fit loft (attic) ladders and most of my customers love my website www.loftladderexpert.com - they are always telling me!

They also are always really pleased with my work. How can I put a customer reviews page on my website, is there a widget for this?

I'd like them to be able to write a short review, and then I can access it or delete it, but not other customers. I've got xara web designer version 17 but it's just expired on the yearly thing so I dont know if one would be online or part of the package, I cant find it if there is.

Thanks for your help!
    steve

Default Re: How to put in customer reviews page?

Steve,

I am not aware of a Xara widget that would achieve this, but a simple solution is to ask your customers to give you a review, create a reviews/ endorsements page and publish your reviews to it.

Not the same industry, but here is an example: https://hypnosis-retreat.co.uk/myvisitors.htm.

WRT to v17 and the update service - mine expired in August - and I have no issues whatsoever (I backed up the Local Designs prior to expiry). I will wait to see what is in the next Xara/Magix release - whenever that occurs!

Gary

Just put a form online or an email link that customers can use to leave comments.

You'll get them in the mail and you can copy and paste as required to addd them onto your website.

Nobody needs to see every single endorsement.

Trustpilot is more important than on-site reviews.

I have setup a direct link to google reviews, they just click and they can put their glorious review, this is good for your SEO and you can then copy and create a page on your site.
    Look into this link to create a link directly to the review page.

https://supple.com.au/tools/google-r...ink-generator/

I have setup a direct link to google reviews, they just click and they can put their glorious review
    Good link Behzad, however it can be a double edged sword. You only control the website, not the clients business which may have crap customer service and do you want all these negative reviews showing up on the clients website?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Not sure what to say

Info Re: How to put in customer reviews page?

@steve, all good advice but you were asking for a widget to do all this.

CSS jQuery - Testimonial Displayer.xar

This is as simple as it comes.

Format a Testimonial as a single Text Area inside the White rounded-corner Box on MouseOff. You can change the shape to anything, just ensure your testimonial fits inside.
    Create an new Layer for the Testimonial and name it with a ! at the front. (!Anything).
    Add a Name of htmlclass="testimonial" to the Testimonial.
    Hide the layer and add your next Testimonial.

The Testimonial has to be a single Text Area, Shape, Image or Group. More than one item will present each one separately.

Some of the text in the demo explains the rest.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Great solution. It will be going in my Goodies folder
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Good link Behzad, however it can be a double edged sword. You only control the website, not the clients business which may have crap customer service and do you want all these negative reviews showing up on the clients website?
    Absolutely - this is why few companies would want an automated publicly visible and unfiltered feedback mechanism on their website.

I also think it can look a little desperate to have every single endorsement in place.

A few quality case-studies trumps endorsements every time.

Steve,

Just a heads up, I took a look at your site to see what you do. On your nav. menu you have an extra contact us that is blank. In both main site and variation.

Ray