Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Reverse Animation Needed

Dear Xara,

Is there anyway reverse animation could be developed? There are clearly ways to have an object fade in, roll in, slide in, bounce in... etc. But what about an exit? If you can make an object appear, surely you can make a way for it to disappear? And add to that a timing mechanism...

What do you think?

Thanks!
    Joy Banks (sorengen)

Default Re: Reverse Animation Needed

If I understand you correctly the answer is yes, simply add frames to your animation in the reverse order till you get back to the beginning. As long as you do not set it to repeat the animation will play then back out and stop.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Xara failed to apply common sense when add the Animate.css library - http://daneden.me/animate.
    It has also failed to update it since and the library is now v4.

I have reverted to hand-crafting CSS and looking around for better packages.
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...de-out-element.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Another orphaned feature. We have suggested this for some time to no avail.

Oh my! @wizard509 - unfortunately you did not understand me. Acorn and gwpriester understood, and apparently the many requests for this built-in animation have been ignored. I have had the great luck of stumbling upon a gentleman who has developed an extensive library of templates, blocks, graphics, animations all specifically designed for Xara. Checkout xaratemplates.com! He has also taken the time to develop fade in and out coding for me to be able to use. A very helpful man - I am appreciative! Magix Xara should take note... Hopefully with that shout-out his work may be of some assistance to you, Acorn and gwpriester.

Sorry
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

an understandable mistake Larry if you do not use the program to make websites; the OP assumes you will know this is for websites it is not stated; what you said is perfecrly acceptable for other kinds of animation
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by sorengen View Post
    Oh my! @wizard509 - unfortunately you did not understand me. Acorn and gwpriester understood, and apparently the many requests for this built-in animation have been ignored. I have had the great luck of stumbling upon a gentleman who has developed an extensive library of templates, blocks, graphics, animations all specifically designed for Xara. Checkout xaratemplates.com! He has also taken the time to develop fade in and out coding for me to be able to use. A very helpful man - I am appreciative! Magix Xara should take note... Hopefully with that shout-out his work may be of some assistance to you, Acorn and gwpriester.
    I have been recommending Michal for a few years now:https://www.google.com/search?q=site...=2133&bih=1046.

I am quite capable of coding my own solutions.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by sorengen View Post
    Checkout xaratemplates.com! He has also taken the time to develop fade in and out coding for me to be able to use. A very helpful man - I am appreciative! Magix Xara should take note...
    His work has been known and appreciated here at TG for years. Why Xara doesn't pay more attention to his work and that of others, such as XTom's XT-CMS and XaraXris's series of video tuts, has always been beyond me. But then again, even though I really like XDP (v. 15 and earlier), I have never been able to figure out Xara's own development choices either. Management seems to be all over the place.

Boy - Agree. There are so many people who have contributed to make Xara work better. Not sure what the justification for ignoring these contributions. XaReg is another.