Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default upload question ftp

So I let this one large site to upload from xara to the server, however if I make any small changes to a given page, it takes again precious time calculating all the pages before it outputs to the server.
    It would have been nice to only upload that one page that I have made changes.

I was wondering what if I output just that one page to the computer drive and using filzezella replace what is on the server. Would this be faster and who has tried it?

Default Re: upload question ftp

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    So I let this one large site to upload from xara to the server, however if I make any small changes to a given page, it takes again precious time calculating all the pages before it outputs to the server.

I was wondering what if I output just that one page to the computer drive and using filzezella replace what is on the server. Would this be faster and who has tried it?
    I seem to be in an echo chamber. Xara output does not work like that. Say you change a NavBar with a new Tab.
    The XDA creates new images and probably renames a number across and through all the pages. A single HTM page upload might add in some image changes but the other page HTMs will know nothing of them. The whole approach quickly unravelss.

Yes, use Filezilla but do first use Image Filenames where ever you can first.
    Filezilla has settings to not overwrite identical files.
    I have been handling a client's site with 43MB of data and 2,500+ images and even without this setting a full upload is under three minutes. Small changes are almost trivail.

I have found Filezilla into the Magix offering is deadly slow regardless.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post

Would this also work for you?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ssxara3.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	127895

Thanks Spitsoor yes using that. Acorn yes, I get it but frustrated. Thanks.