Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: copyright 2020

Default copyright 2020

Gang, how can we have the year of the copyright notice on the footer automatically change to the year, same goes with the year anywhere on the pages.

Default Re: copyright 2020

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Gang, how can we have the year of the copyright notice on the footer automatically change to the year, same goes with the year anywhere on the pages.
    I coded this for someone a time back onTG. Personally, I would now use smart fields as CopyrightDate and change in one place yearly.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Oh I like smart stuff Thanks.

Here's a JavaScript example. Not sure if it's overkill though.

@ Acorn: How to I assign an ID to a text field within Xara?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Nice job Egg. Thanks to both of you.

Repeating object?

Info Re: copyright 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Here's a JavaScript example. Not sure if it's overkill though.
    @ Acorn: How to I assign an ID to a text field within Xara?
    Egg, my approach is "simpler".

Create and format a long Text Column with boilerplate text (i.e., any words at all).
    Highlight with the Text Tool and add Names of htmlblocktext and an ID (your question) of 'copyright'.

In a Placeholder or Page body add the code:
    Code:
    <script>
      var result = document.getElementById("copyright").innerHTML = "\u00A9 " + Date().substr(11, 4);
    </script>
    An earlier example is in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...198#post617198.

The advantage is all the formatting is set up within Xara, with no extra coding.
    The disadvantage is it will fail in Supersites (HTML recognised only first ID instance0 so you have to write more code to instead present the value of the variable result...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes, I really like that method.

Re ID In my dotage I tried ID=copyright, ID = "copyright", "copyright" but never attempted copyright!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I have started a new solution to this ....
    as I have about 50 sites I maintain

The general rule is that the year to include in a copyright notice is the year of first publication of the work.
    The first publication is when the work is made available to the public without restriction

technically - you do not even need a copyright as it is OBVIOUS you are the author and your site
    is by default - published

I do it just for 'fun'
    COPYRIGHT. RAVENSWOOD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TheeeDragon View Post
    I have started a new solution to this ....
    as I have about 50 sites I maintain

The general rule is that the year to include in a copyright notice is the year of first publication of the work.
    The first publication is when the work is made available to the public without restriction

technically - you do not even need a copyright as it is OBVIOUS you are the author and your site
    is by default - published

I do it just for 'fun'
    COPYRIGHT. RAVENSWOOD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 2013.
    yes, you are right that the Berne Convention does not require a Copyright Notice; it does help if you have one and you go to court.
    If you are worried about expiry then you should include the initial date and subsequent revision dates to prevent early expiry.

Acorn