Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Text Question

Default Text Question

I've got a little something going on with text and I can't quite figure it out.
    I used to be able to draw a text box, or simply click the text tool on a page, after selecting font and size etc.

After typing, I've got the usual handles. Before I used to be able to move a handle to cinch up the box, or if I pasted a lot of text I could adjust the handles to accommodate the amount of text I have.

Now - when I drag a handle on the sides, or corners - the text simple gets larger or smaller. I want to control the container. I do not want to increase the font size. It's a setting I think - but I can't quite find it.

Im cutting and pasting from an older weebly site into an xara page. Any ideas would be very helpful. Thanks all.

-Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Text Question

Right click on the little black lock icon (Lock Aspect Ratio) and if it is checked, uncheck [ ] Smart Transform.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Right click on the little black lock icon (Lock Aspect Ratio) and if it is checked, uncheck [ ] Smart Transform.
    That's it. Thanks Gary. I never would have found that myself!
    -Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

No it's a very hidden secret created by the Xara developers to totally confuse their client base. It's hated! No one has ever given an explanation of why this was introduced in the first place and why the solution button was so well hidden no one would ever find it.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

No it's a very hidden secret created by the Xara developers to totally confuse their client base.
    My guess is because it is tied into Lock Aspect Ratio the developers placed it there. But it does feel patched on.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    My guess is because it is tied into Lock Aspect Ratio the developers placed it there. But it does feel patched on.
    I was doing a placeholder and clicked off locked ratio. Must have accidentally hit it. Pfft!
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design