Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hyperlinks

Default Re: Hyperlinks

I'm no expert, I've not used layers at all. I use the Page & Layer Gallery to access the pages that I create, but I haven't seen a Locate button

I've found the layer Mode button and will explore it.

Here's what I think MAY be the issue:

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I've checked.

Everything seems to be in the Mouse Off Layer, this is also true where the hyperlinks work.

I cannot find any objects overlapping.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjzHIyuk_K-fgsMj...5HaBg?e=N2xqKk

Quote Originally Posted by royUK View Post
    I've checked.
    Everything seems to be in the Mouse Off Layer, this is also true where the hyperlinks work.
    I cannot find any objects overlapping.
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjzHIyuk_K-fgsMj...5HaBg?e=N2xqKk
    You've given no indication of where the Links are in which Objects.

I note you have a Text column nested in a Group with another Group.
    If your text Links are in this collection then either one will work for the entire Group or none will.

Without you either publishing or providing your design, everything is a guess.

You also advised your were just adding hyperlinks to text but I note you have three Placeholders, any of which could be malformed and preventing the page fully rendering.

i have a similar build version to you and I have added links to individual words, phrases and across line and all are working.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn

The PlaceHolders contain images and seem OK to me.

I was reluctant to publish the page with non working links.

What I have done is re-created the page using the same text and images. The hyperlinks work fine on that.

If you think it would help I can publish the non working page for you to look at then replace it with the working one later.

The links are just in text - highlighted the text and added the hyperlink.There are three
    see Data type summary.
    Option Explicit
    comprehensive list of keywords

I have uploaded the web page

Go to Articles and select Declare Variables in the first column of the Table
    Last edited by royUK; 15 September 2020 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by royUK View Post
    I have uploaded the web page
    Roy, you have a thing about links as there is no upload link in your Post.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Another thing that may be blocking you links is if you have an image like a border above the text links but it's all guess work. Why not upload you xar file. You can create one just containing that page.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Sorry about the link

www.excel-it.com

I can't see an option to export as a xar file, but I have tried with web
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Roy, I think I've fond the culprit:

Egg