Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hyperlinks

Default Hyperlinks

I have a new page with three hyperlinks - one to an internal page and two to external sites.They were created simply by selecting the text and adding the hyperlink in Web Properties.
    They were working yesterday. Today I made some amendments to the page and they no longer seem to work in Xara preview or previewed in Google. In design if I click the link I see the details and if I click on the hyperlink details the page opens.

I have removed the hyperlinks and replaced them.
    I have deleted the text and replaced that, adding the hyperlinks.

Neither worked. I haven't published the page yet because I want the hyperlinks working. All other links work on the site.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Default Re: Hyperlinks

Quote Originally Posted by royUK View Post
    I have a new page with three hyperlinks - one to an internal page and two to external sites.They were created simply by selecting the text and adding the hyperlink in Web Properties.
    They were working yesterday. Today I made some amendments to the page and they no longer seem to work in Xara preview or previewed in Google. In design if I click the link I see the details and if I click on the hyperlink details the page opens.
    I have removed the hyperlinks and replaced them.
    I have deleted the text and replaced that, adding the hyperlinks.
    Neither worked. I haven't published the page yet because I want the hyperlinks working. All other links work on the site.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    You have possibly covered them with with boundary of another object.

Select all three and Bring to Front (Ctrl+F).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for your reply.

I thought that might be a possibility. Ctrl+F for me brings up the Find dialog.

When I select the text and right click on it the none of the Arrange options are usable.

The links are simply text within a paragraph that I have added links to.

you need to be in selector tool - you are still in text tool
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I've tried both Selector and Text.

With Selector I cannot select the hyperlink text. Ctrl+F does not bring up the Find Dialog, but doesn't seem to do anything. If I click on the hyperlink text t displays the hyperlink "box", CTRL+F again has no effect

I cannot find any objects over the hyperlinks in selector either

I have a test hyperlink at the bottom of the page and that doesn't work.

ok weel then I will have to advise you wait for acorn to come back.. my knowledge of website construction is limited
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks handdrawn

Make sure your hyperlink is on the mouse-off layer and not on a background layer
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg Bramhill

I'm not sure what you mean. As with all the hyperlinks I've added I have just typed text into the page and added a hyperlink.

Quote Originally Posted by royUK View Post
    Egg Bramhill
    I'm not sure what you mean. As with all the hyperlinks I've added I have just typed text into the page and added a hyperlink.
    The "just" part is the worry.

I have to assume you are aware of the Page and Layer Gallery and possible even the Locate button there.
    If you are in Layer mode with the locate button pressed and down, when you select an object with the selector tool it highlights where that Object is in the tree structure.

Arrange > Bring to Front (ctrl+F) will promote that object ot top og the tree.

It also tells you what Layer the object is in.

If too awkward, you can either link to your published material or upload your design file here.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat