Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Integrate AmCharts Map to Xara Website

Hello, I use Xara Web Designer Premium 11,
    Can anyone help me to give tutorial on how to integrate world map that can be found on AmCharts Map to Xara Web application.

Thanks in advance

Info Re: Integrate AmCharts Map to Xara Website

Quote Originally Posted by riskyraditya View Post
    Hello, I use Xara Web Designer Premium 11,
    Can anyone help me to give tutorial on how to integrate world map that can be found on AmCharts Map to Xara Web application.
    Thanks in advance
    I doubt few will be will to offer a tutorial.

How familiar are you with the use of Placeholders in XWDP11?

There are probably three aspects you will need:
    1. Adding CDN content into a Page HTML Code (Head) code area: https://www.amcharts.com/download/ > Use CDN - this is an example as you need the Maps module included.
    2. A container Placeholder with something like <div id="chartdiv" style="width: 100%; height: 100%;"></div>.
    3. The map/chart information added into the Page HTML Code (Body).

I have knocked up an example based on https://www.amcharts.com/docs/v4/get...tarted/basics/.
    You can resize the Placeholder and the Chart works its magic to fit.

I know his is just for a Chart but the AmChart tutorials allow you to develop into Maps and fuller interaction.

All in all AmCharts seems a powerful package.
    It is also nice that the AmCharts attribution is small and unintrusive in the free version; the cost for a single website is too rich for most.

JS - AmCharts - simple demonstrator.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Integrate AmCharts Map to Xara Website

Dear Acorn,

Thank you for your explanation
    Really much appreciate with your help.
    I have tried to follow it and works on Xara Web Designer.
    AMmap Test.web

The chart shows in Edge, IE and Opera but not in Chrome or FF. No idea why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    The chart shows in Edge, IE and Opera but not in Chrome or FF. No idea why not.
    Work here in all of Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera & Edge.

Perhaps your browsers block third-party calls.

If I use the Xara Preview and launch a browser from there, the widget appears in http://localhost:8000/virt********/index.htm.
    If I fire it from C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Temp\Xara_XWDPV15_11865 \index.htm, the necessary JavaScript modules do not seem to get downloaded so the Placeholder can never get populated.
    Same is happening with Export Website: file:///C:/Users/***/Desktop/test/index.htm.

Perhaps the CDN links recognise a local folder and does not perform.
    The fix is to download the package and publish into your destination.
    I imagine any location accessed through HTTP(S) will work.

Perhaps Xara can elaborate?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Everything is fine for web browser variant, but for mobile variant they are not showing
    can anyone help with this?
    Last edited by riskyraditya; 17 September 2020 at 10:04 AM.

Everything is fine for web browser variant, but for mobile variant they are not showing
    can anyone help with this?
    for second and subsequent charts/maps on a page or Variant or Supersite, the ID of the Placeholder has to be different; this is an HTML language feature.

Acorn

thanks for your reply,
    how can I change the ID of placeholder, I already tried to create new rectangle as placeholder but still not showing the map

thanks for your reply,
    how can I change the ID of placeholder, I already tried to create new rectangle as placeholder but still not showing the map
    Clone the first placholder.
    Open its HTML code (body): <div id="chartdiv" style="width: 100%; height: 100%;"></div>
    Change to <div id="chartdivXYZ" style="width: 100%; height: 100%;"></div>

Open the Page/Website HTML code (body) and either duplicate the script, changing chartdiv to chartdivXYZ.

As I don't know if it is a second map, the same map or different data entirely, I have to leave all that to you as well as where and how you are storing data and code, together or separate.

Acorn

var chart = am4core.create("chartdivxyz", am4maps.MapChart);

this is the code in the page body, after I apply it in the mobile variant it works well, but in the web variant became not showing

after I checked it, the code in the web variant automatically change to chartdivxyz too.

still have no idea how to make the web variant and mobile variant have different div ID since it always change the same automatically
    Last edited by riskyraditya; 17 September 2020 at 04:36 PM.