Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Xara Designer Next

Hello! My name is Denis and I am a graphic designer from Russia.
    I have been using Xara products from 1998 and since then I have watched them develop.
    For several years now I have been upset that the development of the program has gone, in my opinion, in the wrong direction.
    Previously, it was a wonderful product for an illustrator, graphic designer and layout designer, but now we are forgotten.
    I had to switch to another product that is evolving, working with the community, and moving in the right direction.
    But every time a new version of Xara Designer comes out, I download the trial version in the hope that something has changed.
    After all, I have a lot in common with this program, with it I began my career as a designer.

I start this topic in the hope that Xara Ltd will notice and listen to me and other users.
    I want to come back again and proudly say that I work in Xara Designer, because it is the fastest, most convenient and most functional product for the artist and graphic designer.
    Let's share our wishes for the development of the Xara Designer functionality, let's help the developers make the product better. Well, now, I want to share a little fantasy.

This is the first sketch of what I would like to see in future versions of the program.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara-next-preview01.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	127837

*full size image

P.S. I'm sorry for my bad english. I hope I wrote it clearly. Do not scold me too much)))

Default Re: Xara Designer Next

Many of us feel that way sorry to say "I start this topic in the hope that Xara Ltd will notice and listen to me and other users" don't hold your breath for this to change any time soon if ever. Post your concern in Dear Xara
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

From what your showing us, it can be done in xara. What is it that you want?

Your English is better than our Russian.

Xara desktop version is now being marketed by Magix a German software company and I am sad to say, does not appear to be a high priority with them.

Xara UK is continuing with Designer Pro + and Xara Cloud. Xara is making very frequent updates with Xara Designer Pro +

But I agree, some of the Magic has gone out of Xara Designer Pro X.

Gradient Mesh Tool

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara-next-preview02.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	127851

*full size image

Yes that is something not done with xara. I used different software together with xara to do something special

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    From what your showing us, it can be done in xara. What is it that you want?
    The point is not that it can or cannot be done in Xara, but the convenience and reduced time for simple tasks.

They shifted their efforts more on online and web.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    They shifted their efforts more on online and web.
    This is just sad. I am a programmer by training and will never, even for small sites, use Xara. The result is very junk code and poorly adapted for search engines.
    There are a bunch of constructors that are much more thoughtful and functional. Therefore, I wrote that Xara chose the wrong path of development.
    It all started as a lightweight, fast and functional graphic designer's tool, and now it is turning into a Frankinstein's monster.
    www.aciden.ru
    . .. ...:.::.:::: art is a lie...that makes us realize the truth ::::.::.:... .. .

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    ...some of the Magic has gone out of Xara Designer Pro X.
    It is my sincere wish that all of the Magix went out of Xara.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.