Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro+ Update 20.3.0.59963

FWIW

I did not like the new handles at first. But I have been working in the desktop version on my stereogram projects and I am starting to like them a lot. So maybe don't give up on them just yet.

I like the selection with Contours that automatically selected the top part of the contour.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    FWIW

I did not like the new handles at first. But I have been working in the desktop version on my stereogram projects and I am starting to like them a lot. So maybe don't give up on them just yet.

I like the selection with Contours that automatically selected the top part of the contour.

THANK YOU so much!!
    I am so happy to read this! We will make them perfect, I promise!

Best,
    Eva

Thanks Eva-K. I just found it out myself this morning. And when i wanted to share this knowledge I saw you shared this tip already.

For those who like to experiment and like to tinker with your system: open regeditor and delve in the user key of Xara. But be aware: make an export before you change settings.

There are numerous tweaks and fixes which can't be done without getting your hands dirty. But this kind of tweaking is not for the fainthearted and some settings are totally unexplained or documented.

Would be a marvelous topic on this forum, though.

Michael - Over ten years ago Bill Taylor aka Soquili, Steve Ledger and John Horn created a simple utility for tweaking some of Xara's registry settings called XaReg. The last version is 2.5

You can find download links if you do a search for it here. Even though it has not been developed for many years, it still works with even the new versions. Close your version of Xara before you changes the settings.

I'll attach a copy. It's free.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gwpriester; 20 September 2020 at 02:41 PM.

I tried the link and was told that I don't have permission to access the page.

If others have the same problem, try the second link in the signature of the second post here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...g-2-5-Released!

Boy - I attached a copy to my previous post.

Now it looks like I overlooked your post....

Thanks Gary. Of course I know of Xareg. And I personally still prefer Bill Taylors version 1.4.4.0 which is capable of saving ones settings for the layout for toolbars and the settings for the program self.
    Yes, sometimes one can get error messages depending on the Visual C libraries installed on the system. But still, it's very usable, so I enclosed the 1.4.4.0 as well

XaReg1440.zip

But, given the development of the program and the addition of new registry keys it still very useful to delve into this digital cave MS has bestowed upon us. With all warnings and recommendations in all.

Bill Taylor died about 10 years ago and at that point development stopped.

These selection handles temporarily go away when you resize or rotate an object, which is a good thing. That should probably also happen with the feather slider (and profile sliders) while using the selector tool.
    The bigger blue handles make it more difficult to see how the feathered object blends with the rest of the design while you are working with the feather sliders.
    If you switch to the transparency tool, the object stays selected but the selection handles seem to go away. But now if you use the feather sliders its easier to see what is actually going on.