Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Xara Designer Pro+ Update 20.3.0.59963

Date: 9th September 2020
    Version Number: 20.3.0.59963

Article here: https://help-cloud-plus.xara.com/art...on-20-3-update
    Release notes here: Release notes: http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/designer-pro-plus/

What's new

Selection UI

New SmartShape Handles
    The handles on SmartShapes (tables, charts, shapes, text panels, etc.) have been improved, made more consistent and now match the handles used in Xara Cloud.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5346.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	127820

New Selector Tool Handles
    The selection handles shown when in the Selector tool have also been updated. These are shown on all types of object that don’t have their own smart handles, and on all multi-selections as in the example below.

Name:	5348.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	127821

Footer Designs
    These are new components that automatically size and postion themselves at the bottom of the page on insertion. They are also made repeating on insertion, so that they appear on every page of your design.

Name:	5347.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	127822

Each footer typically has a logo, page number and a line of text.

These are new components that automatically size and postion themselves at the bottom of the page on insertion. They are also made repeating on insertion, so that they appear on every page of your design.

Each footer typically has a logo, page number and a line of text.

Other Improvements

Image Import Resolution
    In earlier versions of Designer large images imported into web documents were always automatically reduced in size to Full HD resolution. Designer now prompts about this so the user can choose to import either the original image or a reduced image, as when importing into print documents.

Google Fonts Update
    40 new fonts added:
    Alata, Alatsi, Baskervville, Bebas Neue, Bellota, Bellota Text, Caladea, Calistoga, Comic Neue, Courier Prime, DM Mono, Epilogue, Gelasio, Girassol, Gotu, Grenze Gotisch, Gupter, Ibarra Real Nova, Inria Sans, Inria Serif, Inter, Jomolhari, Jost, Kulim Park, Manrope, MuseoModerno, Odibee Sans, Oxanium, Public Sans, Recursive, Red Rose, Rowdies, Sen, Solway, Sora, Spartan, Sulphur Point, Tomorrow, Varta, Viaoda Libre

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro+ Update 20.3.0.59963

Thank you Rob.

For the Selectors, there is no real indication that the middle controls also handle Skew.
    It appears when you move outwards, the exact opposite of the older controls.

The Footers add little that could not be done already.
    There is no clue how to replace the Logo blob with an image.
    equally, having all of three components in the footer is trivial; again, no explanation on how to augment one with other Objects.
    I imagine any real-world changes will be obliterated when an alternative Footer is used.
    A simple explanation on how the Footer can be amended to present as in the Release Notes would be nice.

The image import is most welcome.

The version detail provides is actually Xara Designer Pro+ 20.3.0.59963 SL x64 Sep 3 2020. This will be the build date as opposed to the release date.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

What have you done with the selection of objects ?! Return it as it was! It became very uncomfortable ((((

Quote Originally Posted by Aciden View Post
    What have you done with the selection of objects ?! Return it as it was! It became very uncomfortable ((((
    Hi Aciden,

I am sorry to hear you don't like them. What exactly makes them so bad in your opinion?
    The good news is, you can always go back to the old handle controls by a registry setting.
    In case you need help with that, let me know!

Looking forward o your answer

Best, Eva

Quote Originally Posted by Eva-K View Post
    Hi Aciden,

I am sorry to hear you don't like them. What exactly makes them so bad in your opinion?
    The good news is, you can always go back to the old handle controls by a registry setting.

Best, Eva
    Often inconvenient without the usual selection of objects. For example, I regularly work in wireframe mode to accurately fit objects. But try to stretch the block, when there are no selection points, you have to constantly increase the object.

Name:	124.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	127828
    Last edited by Aciden; 10 September 2020 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eva-K View Post
    Hi Aciden,

Best, Eva
    Eva, can you advise the Registry settings.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post

Acorn
    This is a software crutch. Better to do it conveniently or return everything back.

For the Selectors, there is no real indication that the middle controls also handle Skew.
    I'm just coming to the party but the mouse over or off still shows the double arrows. Or am I missing something?

The new selector overlaps the "Object edit handles" (toggle on the selector toolbar).
    Although I can see the "Object edit handles", I couldn't use/manipulate them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post

Acorn
    Hi Acorn and everyone else who is interested,

here a short introduction how to use the old handle controls by a change in the registry:

Open registry editor and go to:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro Sub x64\17\Options\Selector Tool\ShowXCBoundsBlobs.

There, change the value from 1 to 0 to turn off the new handles.

@Aciden and everyone who does not like the handle controls so far: as mentioned in previous and other threads, this is just a starting point. We will no stop working on it until all ux and handling problems are solved. Actually it would be great to have you as a participant for beta testing of the new handle controls initiative to understand your workflow and use cases better and more in advance. Are you interested? In the meantime, stay tuned and happy creating

Looking forward to your response!

Best,
    Eva