Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro+ Update 20.3.0.59963

Thanks Gary. Of course I know of Xareg. And I personally still prefer Bill Taylors version 1.4.4.0 which is capable of saving ones settings for the layout for toolbars and the settings for the program self.
    Yes, sometimes one can get error messages depending on the Visual C libraries installed on the system. But still, it's very usable, so I enclosed the 1.4.4.0 as well

XaReg1440.zip

But, given the development of the program and the addition of new registry keys it still very useful to delve into this digital cave MS has bestowed upon us. With all warnings and recommendations in all.

Bill Taylor died about 10 years ago and at that point development stopped.

These selection handles temporarily go away when you resize or rotate an object, which is a good thing. That should probably also happen with the feather slider (and profile sliders) while using the selector tool.
    The bigger blue handles make it more difficult to see how the feathered object blends with the rest of the design while you are working with the feather sliders.
    If you switch to the transparency tool, the object stays selected but the selection handles seem to go away. But now if you use the feather sliders its easier to see what is actually going on.