Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Does the annual subscription cost for Xara Designer Pro+ include any web hosting?

(I think this is what Acorn was asking in the previous thread - and the answer is no, but I thought I'd double check!)

Reason for asking: I’m not a website builder (as yet) but have always planned to build a simple portfolio website. As such, I already have a domain name and pay about a fiver (£5 GBP) a month for hosting, which at the moment just sits there.

I was thinking (a rare thing!) if I cancel my existing hosting and put my funds towards a Xara Pro+ subscription, the current offer would be very good value.

Or am I actually thinking about this all the wrong way and not understanding the online possibilities of using Xara Cloud for want I want to do, ie create and publish a simple portfolio gallery website?

Thanks
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Default Re: Does the annual subscription cost for Xara Designer Pro+ include any web hosting?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    (I think this is what Acorn was asking in the previous thread - and the answer is no, but I thought I'd double check!)

Reason for asking: I’m not a website builder (as yet) but have always planned to build a simple portfolio website. As such, I already have a domain name and pay about a fiver (£5 GBP) a month for hosting, which at the moment just sits there.

I was thinking (a rare thing!) if I cancel my existing hosting and put my funds towards a Xara Pro+ subscription, the current offer would be very good value.

Or am I actually thinking about this all the wrong way and not understanding the online possibilities of using Xara Cloud for want I want to do, ie create and publish a simple portfolio gallery website?

Thanks
    Jono, the Xara Cloud offering allows you to "publish" a webiste into https://shared.xara.com/ followed by a gibberish reference. It will not allow you to link in your domain name. There are free hosting services that allow such a linkage but I cannot give you a specific.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Does the annual subscription cost for Xara Designer Pro+ include any web hosting?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post

Thanks
    Hi Jonopen,

Reach out to us about your hosting needs and I'm sure we will find a solution for you with Pro+ offering and Xara hosting. Use the chat at www.xara.com.

Best,
    Matt