Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image caption not showing on pop-up

Hi all,
    It seems I always get some sort of new problem per project ... on this one, the bowl circled does not show the image caption like all the others do - any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image caption.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	127803  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Image caption not showing on pop-up

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Hi all,
    It seems I always get some sort of new problem per project ... on this one, the bowl circled does not show the image caption like all the others do - any ideas?
    It is possibly being covered by another Object (Text Area).

You should therefore bring it forward (Ctrl+F (Front) or Shift+Ctrl+F (one at a time)).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Or if the text is in a text area, is the text area deep enough for the text to show or is it grayed out in Xara?

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    It is possibly being covered by another Object (Text Area).

You should therefore bring it forward (Ctrl+F (Front) or Shift+Ctrl+F (one at a time)).

Acorn
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Or if the text is in a text area, is the text area deep enough for the text to show or is it grayed out in Xara?
    Thanks Acorn & Gary
    There is no text area at all - the pic's description is in the Alt Text box as shown in the thumbnail (as are all the other images descriptions.) ???

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Thanks Acorn & Gary
    There is no text area at all - the pic's description is in the Alt Text box as shown in the thumbnail (as are all the other images descriptions.) ???
    And did you Ctrl+F the image at all?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

LGF, this is strange, this is what I found:

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Further to this I find that the Caption (alt text) doesn't show. However saving and closing then reopening the saved file reintroduces the correct Caption (alt text):

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here's an amended version, and it previews okay. Try to see if it previews for you okay without any amendments, then change some titles. Does it preview okay? Save, close and reopen. Preview. Does it show your recent changes?

One other thing I found is from the outset when I selected your attached web file on yout TG thread it gave me an option to open with Xara Designer Pro + or download. This first time I choose open with Pro +. Amended the file went to save and got the following message re the file being set to read only. Don't know about this???

Also 'Download' seems to save to a different folder than 'Open with':
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	127809   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.9 KB 
ID:	127808  

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

LGF, you have malformed CSS in REMOVES HS FRAME 1/2:
    <style type="text/css">
    .highslide-image {
    border: none;
    </style>
    does not have a close brace (}).

Despite this, I still see the Alt caption on all my browsers.

Try deleting all the Placeholders and see if it appears then.
    I would also Optimise Photos as the dpi is vast.

You have added Anchors for some images and not others so a tidy up here too might help.

Acorn

To Egg and Acorn - thank you once again for all your help over the years - really appreciated.

I'll get back to this project shortly and I'm sure it will all be good once I apply what I've learned from you!

LGF