Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Excluding a page/pages from export when publishing? Does anyone have a hint for me?

Hi everybody,

does anyone have any advice for me on how to exclude a single page from web export/publishing?
    When developing websites I like to create an addtional hodgepodge page,
    where I collect texts, pictures, comments and wishes of the customer, etc.
    Of course, this should not be taken into account when publishing.
    Is there any 'switch', like the lock for the layers, that works for the whole page.
    Or a certain prefix for the page-name, like when programming,
    that makes this page identifiable for the App?

Best and thanks in advance,

Claude

Default Re: Excluding a page/pages from export when publishing? Does anyone have a hint for m

Quote Originally Posted by define View Post
    Hi everybody,

does anyone have any advice for me on how to exclude a single page from web export/publishing?
    When developing websites I like to create an additional hodgepodge page,
    Is there any 'switch', like the lock for the layers, that works for the whole page.

Claude
    I would copy and paste your supporting materials to another document and save for future reference. Thereafter, delete the supporting page and ensure there are no links to it from your website.

There might be another way, but creating a library of supporting materials and templates works for me.

Default Re: Excluding a page/pages from export when publishing? Does anyone have a hint for m

Quote Originally Posted by define View Post
    Hi everybody,

When developing websites I like to create an addtional hodgepodge page,

Claude
    Claude, there isn't.

The best I can offer is to use a META redirect back to the index page when some lands on it.
    If you do not want anything to be seen (or published) of that page then make sure your working is all on a Layer other than MouseOff and that it is not visible.
    The other approach is to ensure your material is only on the Pasteboard area and not touching the design page area.

Even CSS or JS is no good as even
    <script> document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].remove();
    </script>
    still publishes the page contents then deletes it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Initiostar and Acorn, now that I know for sure, that there is no secret button or function in Xara for this, I must not search any longer, which is a good result
    Your workarounds help a lot. Best & Thx, Claude