Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What is the quickest way to 'radius' a corner (on a random/complex shape)?

We had a debate on this at https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...35-Corner-Tool.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: What is the quickest way to 'radius' a corner (on a random/complex shape)?

Quote Originally Posted by shiphen View Post
    How does it compare with Xara?
    When do you use each?
    the simple answer is I use xara has something affinity doesnt have, eg soft groups; and I use affinity when it has something xara doesnt have eg 'draw inside/behind'

as I said in the thread acorn just linked, try to use the best tool for the job

the best tool for every job is, I would suggest, never going to be in just one program unless your needs are simple

inkscape is clunky - but it has its advantages too
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    the simple answer is I use xara has something affinity doesnt have, eg soft groups; and I use affinity when it has something xara doesnt have eg 'draw inside/behind'

as I said in the thread acorn just linked, try to use the best tool for the job

the best tool for every job is, I would suggest, never going to be in just one program unless your needs are simple

inkscape is clunky - but it has its advantages too

And to get clear, is PDF the best way to transfer data between programs? ...As that does seem fractionally clunky too, particularly if you have a large diagram with lots of stuff in it.

I mean presumably copy out of one and paste straight into the other doesn't work, does it??

no is the short answer - affinity designer will recognise a pasted in xara flat colour vector as a curve [vector] in an EMF grouping but no joy the other way; and no joy with gradients or transparency

pdf is also limited

in the real world you have to make compromises and use the program that has the best set of tools for the specific task
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Transferring vector shapes between vector programs is not simple. Don't drag & Drop. However PDF &/or SVG seems to work the best
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host