Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Web Designer Pro - Issue with page length using SuperSite

Hi

I have an issue when I set my site as a SuperSite; the page seems to be a set length so if an individual page is longer than that length, it doesn't display to the bottom. Shorter page lengths are fine, the transition is fine...it just doesn't show the full page after a certain length. I've got "Scale to Fit Options" in Export set as "Don't Scale" and I have tried the different transitions. Also tried it on individual pages but have the same issue.

I do get the pesky Navigation pop-up showing but it's not set as a Presentation.

If I change the Site to Simple then the full length pages are shown, so it's not a show-stopper but it would be nice to have a page transition!

Has anybody else seen this issue before and know of a fix for it? Or am I doing something wrong!

Thanks in advance for any help

Default Re: Web Designer Pro - Issue with page length using SuperSite

Welcome AFS67 to TalkGraphics.

This is what the Help file states:
    Scale To Fit Options
    The Scale To Fit Screen option works well for short pages and where all the pages of your site are the same height and width. If you use this option with long pages, the result is not good because the browser will shrink the page so that its height fits into the height of the device/browser.
    As an alternative use the Scale to Fit Width option to make your website or web document scale to fit the width of the browser or device screen it's being viewed on.You can specify a maximum width to avoid your content looking too inflated on very large screens. If the viewing device is wider than the page, the page zooms/scales up so it just fits. If the viewing device is narrower than the page, the page content zooms/scales down so it will fit with no need for horizontal scrollbars.
    You could also try Website Options / Pagesize/ All pages in document the same size.

If neither of these work please get back.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi

Thanks for the reply

I have already tried the the other Scale to Fit Options; Scale to Width looked quite distorted even with setting a max width (960).
    Scale to Fit Screen had the same issue as Don't Scale in that it didn't display the rest of the page content after a certain length

I tried the setting for making all the pages the same size but this set the page length shorter than the the longer pages, so again content was lost.

It feels like i have changed an innocent setting somewhere which is causing this issue but I've looked just about everywhere

Thanks again for the assistance

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by AFreeSpirit67 View Post
    Hi

I have an issue when I set my site as a SuperSite; the page seems to be a set length so if an individual page is longer than that length, it doesn't display to the bottom. Shorter page lengths are fine, the transition is fine...it just doesn't show the full page after a certain length. I've got "Scale to Fit Options" in Export set as "Don't Scale" and I have tried the different transitions. Also tried it on individual pages but have the same issue.

I do get the pesky Navigation pop-up showing but it's not set as a Presentation.

If I change the Site to Simple then the full length pages are shown, so it's not a show-stopper but it would be nice to have a page transition!

Has anybody else seen this issue before and know of a fix for it? Or am I doing something wrong!

Thanks in advance for any help
    Try Options > Page size > Document: untick All pages in the document the same.

I tried three vastly different pages with a Transition Supersite and all works as expected.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Try Options > Page size > Document: untick All pages in the document the same.

I tried three vastly different pages with a Transition Supersite and all works as expected.

Acorn
    Thanks Acorn

That page option is already off

The Supersite transition works fine on my site . . Unless the page is over a certain length. Are the pages on your site long, say about 2 Page downs? I've not measured yet exactly where it cuts off but if your pages are short then you may not see the issue. If I preview the page singularly, then it scrolls all the way to the bottom. If I preview the whole site, pages over the set length will stop scrolling to the bottom.

Cheers

Info Re: Web Designer Pro - Issue with page length using SuperSite

Thanks Acorn

That page option is already off

The Supersite transition works fine on my site . . Unless the page is over a certain length. Are the pages on your site long, say about 2 Page downs? I've not measured yet exactly where it cuts off but if your pages are short then you may not see the issue. If I preview the page singularly, then it scrolls all the way to the bottom. If I preview the whole site, pages over the set length will stop scrolling to the bottom.

Cheers
    The longest page height of the attached is over 5500px.

I have no issues from v17 back to v10.

Xara - SSTx.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The Supersite transition works fine on my site . . Unless the page is over a certain length.

Perhaps your file has a problem/got corrupted. Have you tried to restart the program or create a new supersite?