On a lighter side:

@AndyD

...an orchard being defined as a grower of at least 5 fruit trees.
My wife and I bought and moved into an 80 year-old house almost 5 months ago. The property comes with 13 apple trees of assorted unidentified types, 1 cherry tree and 1 pear tree. I'm anticipating watching for a partridge in the pear tree on the first day of Christmas. So, can I take it as official that I have an orchard?

At the same time, I would like to thank Egg for a reference to Marinetraffic.com as we see ships sailing up and down the St-Lawrence River from the house/property. Now, I am able to identify the ships, thereby impressing friends and relatives. Also, I would like to comment on Egg's recommendation for retirement. I disagree. Retirement is too bloody much work. Amongst many other tasks, I had to pick up more than a dozen barrows full of apples.

As for the Orchard flyer, I have no ideas except maybe an apple tree (or other fruit) with the fruit evident, with the background removed and passed through Filter Forge to get a kind of painting look. Alternatively, take a photo or rather series of photos to make a panorama of an orchard and use it as a header. Add some images of various fruit from the orchards around the border. Add in who you are, what the group does, why join.

Did you look at any of the Xara templates? There are some Newsletter formats that may help inspire you.