Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Designing an image for local marketing

Hi,
    I have been asked by the local community group I am a member of to produce a flyer and also for publication in the local Press.
    I wondered whether anyone could advise upon the resolution, etc that I should prepare for this purpose?
    Sorry it may be a fairly naive thing to ask but usually everything I do is associated with websites.
    IP

Default Re: Designing an image for local marketing

The resolution can vary depending on the publication itself. Look online for the specific publications specs and it will usually say how they want their material prepared.

Or you could call the publication or email their production department.
    IP

my benchmark would be 300dpi [assume no fine detail or very small type, else 600dpi]

as far as the local press is concerned, ask them - always best to check first when someone else is doing the work
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Thanks Guys.
    IP

Generally safe at 300 dpi. The publication will be at whatever they can output but 300 dpi input is universally required for them to assure quality output on their end.
    IP

I'm browsing Depositphotos for inspiration for this flyer. I wondered whether anyone had any ideas or examples they've seen online that they would be willing to share?
    I am a member of the group and basically we want to make a flyer and newspaper advert that would be suitable for publicising our group and also attract new memberships.
    We are basically a group of small orchard owners - an orchard being defined as a grower of at least 5 fruit trees.
    IP

You can start with Pixabay.com or Insert > From Content Catalog > Trees (or any other search word or phrase)

I use Shutterstock.com a lot. They require a use fee for their images but they have a huge inventory of images.
    IP

Thanks Gary. I picked up an AppSumo deal in March thus the Depositphotos. But I'll have a look in the others too. Cheers.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    I'm browsing Depositphotos for inspiration for this flyer. I wondered whether anyone had any ideas or examples they've seen online that they would be willing to share?
    I am a member of the group and basically we want to make a flyer and newspaper advert that would be suitable for publicising our group and also attract new memberships.
    We are basically a group of small orchard owners - an orchard being defined as a grower of at least 5 fruit trees.
    Hi Andy,
    The Xara design team compiled a list of free image resources that might be helpful to you.
    https://xara.com/free-design-resources/

Happy creating,
    Matt
    IP

Thanks Matt, I'll have a look at that too.
    IP