Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default .ai export redering incorrectly

Hi i have produced a banner 850mmx 2000mm ( never done any thing bigger than a web apge b4 ) and one 10X smaller every time i export in a .ai for export for the graphic designer / printer the text moves away from it's position. I have made all objects a group inb bg picture ..any idea s how to solves theprinter says i needs to outline the text but not sure what this would be in xara . the jpg export is attached how it should look

any help appreciated

scruffy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	banner for peter.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	127742
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pull up banne file.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	127741  
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Default Re: .ai export redering incorrectly

probably convert to editable shapes

you might see if the printer would accept PDF which may work better, but I am no expert

hopefully ther will be someone along who is
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

thx wouldnormally export as svg or 300 dpi pdf but they want .ai..
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Ok - well I don't use the xara ai output - it does not work importing vector into harmony which implies it may not be up to date, I use pdf - and I use pdf if I need to print from xara - but like I say no expert
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

PDF is the native format for Adobe Illustrator along with AI. If this printer cannot adjust to the industry standard then I would advise finding another printer.

Printers can be a PITA when they don't keep up with the technology.

Xara stopped developing their support for AI because PDF is the latest standard. I would create a PDF/X file, as up to date as your version of Xara supports (mine supports version X4 and send it to the printer and ask them to just try it. If they won't then move on. Life is too short to suffer fools.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    PDF is the native format for Adobe Illustrator along with AI. If this printer cannot adjust to the industry standard then I would advise finding another printer.

Printers can be a PITA when they don't keep up with the technology.

Xara stopped developing their support for AI because PDF is the latest standard. I would create a PDF/X file, as up to date as your version of Xara supports (mine supports version X4 and send it to the printer and ask them to just try it. If they won't then move on. Life is too short to suffer fools.
    However, .ai format is better--or could/should be better--for collaborating with an AI-centric universe. PDF simply cannot contain all AI constructs and/or have them editable in AI. Plus AI is an absolute pig when it comes to editing PDFs.

But, I agree with the premise--print establishments have no business using AI in a print work-flow and I too would find another id that happened with one of my jobs...unless the client insisted using them...