Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs down What Happened To Xara

Ok...I haven't been to xara.com in awhile, what the heck happened?
    Sorry if this is a little off topic and not a graphics question.

Not only could I not log in, but customer service has no way of helping.
    They keep directing me to some page for templates and to sign up for a news letter.

I just want to see my old 'dashboard' containing my purchases and serial numbers.

Magix seems to have taken over and the website is less than friendly.

Default Re: What Happened To Xara

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Ok...I haven't been to xara.com in awhile, what the heck happened?
    Sorry if this is a little off topic and not a graphics question.

Not only could I not log in, but customer service has no way of helping.
    They keep directing me to some page for templates and to sign up for a news letter.

I just want to see my old 'dashboard' containing my purchases and serial numbers.

Magix seems to have taken over and the website is less than friendly.

Hi Skip,

Matt here from Xara. Hopefully, you got our email response too.

Your product dashboard is available through our resell partner Magix Software. https://www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/

Magix handles the sales and support for the Xara Desktop Products like Photo Graphic Designer, Page Designer, Web Designer, and Designer Pro.

Xara sells and supports Xara Cloud and the new Xara Designer Pro+ directly with users. Learn more here: https://xara.com/xara-cloud-plus/new-bundle/

But of course, we do our best to answer all questions that come our way in the support channels.

Best,
    Matt

Hi Matt...I just got your message.
    The problem is my Xara Name/Password is not recognized by the Magix login.
    I've tried both ways without any luck.
    Magix keeps asking me to create a new account which I don't really need but did anyway. And then it takes me to a form page

Magix keeps asking me to create a new account which I don't really need but did anyway. And then it takes me to a form page
    Matt may have overlooked Magix took over the customer database and trashed the old Xara credentials along with past purchases so I now look as if i bought everything on 24 October 2017.

You need to register to be able to access your serial number, so good luck as it also zapped my prior upload credentials too.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Matt... yeah. as Acorn says, Xara sold out to Magix and totally trashed the initial premise of our initial purchases. Might want to try Serif Affinity products. Serif model is alot better and their support so much superior. Different paradigm design-wise (more robust) and a safer company imo (unless they, too get greedy).

Hi Skip,
    I'm sure we can help get this solved. It will be easier to help if you can let me know via the email exchanges we had.

Thanks,
    Matt

Matt...thanks for your help on this. I replied via online help

ADDENDUM: When I try to create a new account, it says email/username already exist.
    But when I use the 'forgot password' feature...I never get an email