Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Complimentary colours to bright Lime Green

I知 now designing a newsletter based upon a website www.northeastspca.org. The signature color is a bright lime green, which I try to use sparingly. Too much of this color is distracting. I知 looking for complimentary colours that can be used as background rectangles and shapes etc. Text will be on top of the rectangles. Any ideas TG弾rs.
    Many Thanks
    Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Complimentary colours to bright Lime Green

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    I知 now designing a newsletter based upon a website www.northeastspca.org. The signature color is a bright lime green, which I try to use sparingly. Too much of this color is distracting. I知 looking for complimentary colours that can be used as background rectangles and shapes etc. Text will be on top of the rectangles. Any ideas TG弾rs.
    Many Thanks
    Bill
    From Google-
    Promoting vitality with both its shade and its brightness, neon green is best used to add excitement to a design. With hints of blue and red in its base colors, neon green pairs best with pinks that fall in the red violet range in the color wheel.

c2ec09 an interesting shade of green

you could go online to one of the palette designer or complementary colour sites and see what they throw up [pun intended ]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Many Thanks
    Bill
    You might use this as an opportunity to create a restricted pallet of harmonious colours to use on both the newsletter and the website so that they compliment each other.

not knowing the exact color of green try this

deep magenta
    #CD32CD
    RGB(205,50,2

Lime green
    #32CD32
    RGB(50,205,50)

if these do not work for you I'll see what I can do if you provide me the exact lime green you want to use.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

see my earlier post larry - it's c2ec09 [unless the xara colour picker is lying ]
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    see my earlier post larry - it's c2ec09 [unless the Xara color picker is lying ]
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	green & c omp.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	127728

I had taken a different track handrawn I like your choice very much I also chose a deeper purple as a compliment, in the long run the choice is up to bwood

i like your choice
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Bill - I think you have already solved the problem. Using grayed down and less saturated versions of the green works well.

You're dealing with an animal shelter not a fashion line. The colors should be soft and friendly. Maybe some tweaking but in my opinion as the ancient author of Looking Good in Color, (1995! https://www.amazon.com/Looking-Good-...s=books&sr=1-1) I like how you have handled this color.

I don't have gary's er, pedigree, when it comes to graphic design, but there is sense in what he says, not a lot can be done with such an in your face colour

I would be more concerned with the hotch-potch of colour and shape that is the content of the page and that fails to draw the eye anywhere... but I guess you are stuck with that
    Nothing lasts forever...

I have such an aversion for that Magenta!

Why not two complimentary greens?

I'd go for a dark and light green.