Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default presentation nav bar appearing on website

Hi folks have been away from computer for some time (eyesight problems) and recall that there was a fix of sorts for the bug that xara had with an update this year which plonked the presentation nav bar into any websites .
    Unfortunately I cannot find where the solution is or whether it was ever fixed.
    Help appreciated from anyone

Ken

Default Re: presentation nav bar appearing on website

Quote Originally Posted by mentorman View Post
    Hi folks have been away from computer for some time (eyesight problems) and recall that there was a fix of sorts for the bug that xara had with an update this year which plonked the presentation nav bar into any websites .
    Ken
    Ken, the fix is in the latest Update.

If you are out of Update Service cover, complain to Xara that it introduced a Bug and that you require a bug fix update, as is your due.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Still present for me in a supersite Acorn XaraPro+
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by mentorman View Post

Ken
    Ken,

I have Pro v17 and if we are talking about the Presentation NavBar that appears for supersites, there is a workaround to suppress it - this was part of the code Siran/Acorn created for the superslider.

I tried it here and it appears to work - this is the code:

HTML Code:
    <!-- do not show navigation panel code line -->
    <!--place code in the website HTML (head) -->
    <style>#xr_palrt,#xr_pnava{display:none !important}</style>

<script>
    // disable keyboard navigation
    // place code in the website HTML body
    (function(){if(typeof(xr_prinit4)=="function"){var o=xr_prinit4;xr_prinit4=function()
    {o();if(document.onkeydown==xr_prku)document.onkeydown=xr_d_old_onkeydown;};}})();
    </script>
    Example XAR supersite with a conventional NavBar (with the Presentation Navbar suppressed).

I do remember too an option being introduced for Pro+ to exclude what is now Xara's new presentation menu. This may eventually filter down into the next Pro release, but I would not expect that anytime soon!

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks guys for the usual great standard of help offered on these pages which puts many of the money hungry companies support into shame. Initiostar the code did the job thanks. I do recall that I think it was Acorn or Egg who gave a way of moving the menu off screen if not eliminating it when it first happened. All my updates are complete but it hadn't gone away. Ho hum what a perfect world we live in

Thanks again

Ken

Glad you sorted it Ken. However it shouldn't be there in the first place. Garys code does work well in not showing the unwanted navigation window but it still shouldn't be there in the first place, as it's not a presentation.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'm sure that the "senior"(more savvy) members of this site have spent many a day tearing out their hair and getting head aches banging their heads against the corporate brick wall. You never know one day someone at Magix might discover a little thing called customer service where you look after and nurture the loyal customers who have supported for years and frankly made great suggestions for improvement before the corporate ears closed because they thought they knew what was good for us.(and better for them!)

Mini rant over One thing if I have learned with advancing years is that thinking I matter is a fallacy upon which companies and social media build their empires.

This is true customer service right here based with people who care.
    Thanks guys from one of the little people.

Ken