Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How many people use Xara for web development?

A perspective website and collateral development client is asking me, "How many people use Xara for web development?" I've looked on Xara's website and of course it is obvious they are not really promoting their web design capabilities any more. I did see that they have over "1,000,000+" Xara brand users. But how would I find out the stats for just web design software users?

Default Re: How many people use Xara for web development?

I'll see if someone from Xara can respond to this.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

I've looked on Xara's website and of course it is obvious they are not really promoting their web design capabilities any more.
    Xara's website no longer markets Xara's vector/website/photo software products Sorengen, this is done by Magix. Xara's main thrust is now on Xara Cloud
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Where did you get the stats for 1M ?
    Xara is great for basic to medium non database website. I would otherwise use wordpress for anything data driven. I choose xara because I do not deal with ecommerce or database sites. I have driven my business for 14 years and everything I do pretty much is with xara, from logos to print and website. I would not imagine using anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by sorengen View Post
    A perspective website and collateral development client is asking me, "How many people use Xara for web development?" I've looked on Xara's website and of course it is obvious they are not really promoting their web design capabilities any more. I did see that they have over "1,000,000+" Xara brand users. But how would I find out the stats for just web design software users?
    Why is it even relevant?

He/She should judge you on your portfolio and your abilty to build the website they want with any tool.

Yeah, I'm aware ... but their name is still on the product - hence me referring to their name in my question. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Xara's website no longer markets Xara's vector/website/photo software products Sorengen, this is done by Magix. Xara's main thrust is now on Xara Cloud
    Yeah, I'm aware ... but their name is still on the product - hence me referring to their name in my question. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Where did you get the stats for 1M ?
    Xara is great for basic to medium non database website. I would otherwise use wordpress for anything data driven. I choose xara because I do not deal with ecommerce or database sites. I have driven my business for 14 years and everything I do pretty much is with xara, from logos to print and website. I would not imagine using anything else.
    YES! Xara is my 'go-to' since 1999! The vast majority of my client base I can serve with Xara - which is my strong preference. However, there are a few that do need e-commerce and database driven sites and I then end up collaborating with someone who has those back-end skills that I have not developed. I, too, design my collaterals in Xara. I recommend Xara all the time!

This is where I found the 1mil stat: https://xara.com/about-us/ - Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 million plus.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	127712

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Why is it even relevant?

He/She should judge you on your portfolio and your abilty to build the website they want with any tool.
    Not sure why it is relevant to them, I did not ask. But sometimes the concern with the Xara platform is unfamiliarity (fear of the unknown), how much support will there be if they need help with their site in the future (because they want to manage the site themselves once it is completed) - so they will have to learn how to use the software as it is very different from WP. Using Xara is a different way of thinking if you have been managing WP sites. Albeit, Xara is MUCH easier IMO, but still different and presents a learning curve.