Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1

    Default How many people use Xara for web development?

    A perspective website and collateral development client is asking me, "How many people use Xara for web development?" I've looked on Xara's website and of course it is obvious they are not really promoting their web design capabilities any more. I did see that they have over "1,000,000+" Xara brand users. But how would I find out the stats for just web design software users?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Placitas, New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    38,662

    Default Re: How many people use Xara for web development?

    I'll see if someone from Xara can respond to this.
    Gary W. Priester
    Mr. Moderator Emeritus Dude
    , Sir

    gwpriester.com | Custom-Stereograms.com | eyeTricks on Facebook






  3. #3

    Default Re: How many people use Xara for web development?

    Thanks! I appreciate it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Harwich, Essex, England
    Posts
    20,112

    Default Re: How many people use Xara for web development?

    I've looked on Xara's website and of course it is obvious they are not really promoting their web design capabilities any more.
    Xara's website no longer markets Xara's vector/website/photo software products Sorengen, this is done by Magix. Xara's main thrust is now on Xara Cloud
    Egg

    Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,825

    Default Re: How many people use Xara for web development?

    Where did you get the stats for 1M ?
    Xara is great for basic to medium non database website. I would otherwise use wordpress for anything data driven. I choose xara because I do not deal with ecommerce or database sites. I have driven my business for 14 years and everything I do pretty much is with xara, from logos to print and website. I would not imagine using anything else.
    Owner/Creative Director @ Designfacet
    ____________________________________________
    Xara Designer Pro X 17.1.0.60486 DL x64 Oct 29 2020

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Bracknell, UK
    Posts
    8,456

    Default Re: How many people use Xara for web development?

    Quote Originally Posted by sorengen View Post
    A perspective website and collateral development client is asking me, "How many people use Xara for web development?" I've looked on Xara's website and of course it is obvious they are not really promoting their web design capabilities any more. I did see that they have over "1,000,000+" Xara brand users. But how would I find out the stats for just web design software users?
    Why is it even relevant?

    He/She should judge you on your portfolio and your abilty to build the website they want with any tool.

  7. #7

    Default Re: How many people use Xara for web development?

    Yeah, I'm aware ... but their name is still on the product - hence me referring to their name in my question. Thanks!

  8. #8

    Default Re: How many people use Xara for web development?

    Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Xara's website no longer markets Xara's vector/website/photo software products Sorengen, this is done by Magix. Xara's main thrust is now on Xara Cloud
    Yeah, I'm aware ... but their name is still on the product - hence me referring to their name in my question. Thanks!

  9. #9

    Default Re: How many people use Xara for web development?

    Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Where did you get the stats for 1M ?
    Xara is great for basic to medium non database website. I would otherwise use wordpress for anything data driven. I choose xara because I do not deal with ecommerce or database sites. I have driven my business for 14 years and everything I do pretty much is with xara, from logos to print and website. I would not imagine using anything else.
    YES! Xara is my 'go-to' since 1999! The vast majority of my client base I can serve with Xara - which is my strong preference. However, there are a few that do need e-commerce and database driven sites and I then end up collaborating with someone who has those back-end skills that I have not developed. I, too, design my collaterals in Xara. I recommend Xara all the time!

    This is where I found the 1mil stat: https://xara.com/about-us/ - Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 million plus.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	127712

  10. #10

    Default Re: How many people use Xara for web development?

    Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Why is it even relevant?

    He/She should judge you on your portfolio and your abilty to build the website they want with any tool.
    Not sure why it is relevant to them, I did not ask. But sometimes the concern with the Xara platform is unfamiliarity (fear of the unknown), how much support will there be if they need help with their site in the future (because they want to manage the site themselves once it is completed) - so they will have to learn how to use the software as it is very different from WP. Using Xara is a different way of thinking if you have been managing WP sites. Albeit, Xara is MUCH easier IMO, but still different and presents a learning curve.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •