Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: How many people use Xara for web development?

Quote Originally Posted by sorengen View Post
    Not sure why it is relevant to them, I did not ask. But sometimes the concern with the Xara platform is unfamiliarity (fear of the unknown), how much support will there be if they need help with their site in the future (because they want to manage the site themselves once it is completed) - so they will have to learn how to use the software as it is very different from WP. Using Xara is a different way of thinking if you have been managing WP sites. Albeit, Xara is MUCH easier IMO, but still different and presents a learning curve.
    I deliberately avoid customers that wish to manage the site themselves.

I don't feel it's worth the hassle.

I deliberately avoid customers that wish to manage the site themselves.
    I couldn't agree more Paul. I wouldn't like to say how many of my clients in the past have requested editing facilities and never used them (CMS sites) or if they have they come back 12-18 months later asking you how to do so as they've forgotten but don't want to pay for this new request.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I also do not accept any clients that want to manage their own site. Too many problems and usually they are penny pinchers.

it might be that the client[s] emphasis is more about who to go to if you become unavailable, what sort of 'pool' is there, rather than doing it themselves necessarily

that would be a major concern of mine...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...