Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Grouping a button

Grouping a button with text on it will make it into a bitmap. How can I avoid this and still have a clickable button?

Default Re: Grouping a button

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Grouping a button with text on it will make it into a bitmap. How can I avoid this and still have a clickable button?
    Select it and add the special Name "HTMLText".

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

With or without quote marks?

Without, Thanks but I did just ungroup everything on the button and left it as is.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Without, Thanks but I did just ungroup everything on the button and left it as is.
    Soft-group works too without the Name addition.

I normally design simple buttons as pure CSS so the text is always text.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'm so confused. Do I just name the text HTMLText?

And to confirm what I think you said in your last post if you soft group, then there is no need to add the HTMLText tag?

There is a previous thread that discusses keeping 'text-as-text' when grouping with a shape or image: The thread highlights a bug that Xara has never fixed, but for which there is an Acorn workaround.

FYI The TG thread: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ups&highlight=

I have followed Acorn's suggestion for some time now: give the button text the name HTMLText, group both text and shape/image as usual on the MouseOff & MouseOver layers and then softgroup both, add a link and create your NavBar.

It does not seem to matter whether you export the image (web properties) as one or separate images, but what is required is that the text is left-justified (as per the referenced TG thread). Thereafter you can manually add some spaces to centre the text.

I use this approach all the time and it avoids NavBar text looking blurred compared to normal text.

Hope this helps,

Gary

Or Initiostar just go to web properties > image and pick png, that way you have a good looking button.
    To be honest all this workaround is time consuming and I will forget the next time I build a site. There are small fixes that Xara totally ignores. Why I have no clue.

Picking PNG makes it all an image that negates it staying text and adds back all the blur.

Acorn