Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Uninspiring wee grey Youtube video icon

Hi all,
    I'm able to add YouTube videos to my page (yey), but I can only seem to have them show up as a rather uninspiring wee grey 'video' box. I can't seem to either get the placeholder to show the image I have as the placeholder OR what's on the Youtube video. All I get is what you can see in the attached image. This is the same whether I have the 'regenerate placeholder image...' box ticked or not.
    Anyone got any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?
    Much oblighed.
    Yours,
    Robert
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2020-08-24 143041.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	127701  

Default Re: Uninspiring wee grey Youtube video icon

PS this is only happening when I preview the page on google - it's not been published yet.

Sometimes youtube takes a little while to show the correct image, so if you've recently uploaded the videeo it may take some time.
    If that's not the case then use:
    <iframe width=100% height=100% src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Oi-olsw40cw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Sometimes youtube takes a little while to show the correct image, so if you've recently uploaded the videeo it may take some time.
    If that's not the case then use:
    Cheers! Videos were only uploaded last night. Could explain it.
    Will try code if nothing looks different tomorrow.

Much appreciated!

It's not normaly that long a delay, perhaps 20 minutes at the most. Get back if you have issues
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    It's not normaly that long a delay, perhaps 20 minutes at the most. Get back if you have issues
    Apologies - I hadn't made the videos public. Entirely my fault.

Sorry for taking up your time with something I should have been able to suss out myself.
    Thanks for helping anyway!
    Yours,
    Robert

Robert, no need to apologise, we've all been there far too many times
    Egg