Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem with photo main web page to variant page

I have a photo that displays on the main page OK but when I change to the variant it doesn't reduce the photo it cuts the right side of the photo off. what do I have to do to have the photo on the variant reduced not cut in half?

Default Re: Problem with photo main web page to variant page

Quote Originally Posted by wallace View Post
    I have a photo that displays on the main page OK but when I change to the variant it doesn't reduce the photo it cuts the right side of the photo off. what do I have to do to have the photo on the variant reduced not cut in half?
    wallace, make it smaller and fit onto the Variant design page. The Share with variants option just clones the image; you have to decide what to do with it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Moving this thread to Web Design Chat.

Hi, Wallace.
    If you've named the image, make sure the image in the second variant has a unique name.

If you've named the image, make sure the image in the second variant has a unique name.
    This id dependent on the version of Xara you are using. It's no longer required in v17 as just naming the image via Web Properties/Image/Image Filename (example 'rose') when resized in a variant Xara now appends a number, so for example the main variant would be named 'rose.jpg' the next sized variant it would be 'rose1.jpg' etc depending on the number of variants you create.

It is true if you use the older filename=rose method.

I think the OP has Web Designer 16. I can't be sure but I believe the new naming method was introduced in v16.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    This id dependent on the version of Xara you are using. It's no longer required in v17 as just naming the image via Web Properties/Image/Image Filename (example 'rose') when resized in a variant Xara now appends a number, so for example the main variant would be named 'rose.jpg' the next sized variant it would be 'rose1.jpg' etc depending on the number of variants you create.

It is true if you use the older filename=rose method.

I think the OP has Web Designer 16. I can't be sure but I believe the new naming method was introduced in v16.
    Thanks for the information! I'm only now using v17, so it's good to know.