Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Product Update - Cloud - R82 - 20th August 2020

Release notes: http://docs.xara.com/en/articles/435...th-august-2020

Improved handles, pointers and tooltips

We've made improvements to our all text and object handles, bringing in a more modern and less cluttered look.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image[1].png 
Views:	82 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	127670

Along with all our handles, the pointers and tooltips have all been modernised and better describe the action that the handle will do.

Name:	image[1].png 
Views:	85 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	127671

UX Improvements

As well as modernising our UI, we've made a number of quality of life and UX improvements to the editor, improving the scrolling and selection behaviour. Previously you were not able to scroll past the bottom of the last page, which made it difficult to awkward to work on the last page. This has now changed so you can scroll past it and be centralised to your browser window.

Copy & Paste Improvements

We've implemented a new copy and paste mechanism which means you will no longer be limited to internal copying/pasting. Rather, your browser will (only once) ask for permission to read your clipboard..

Name:	image.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	127672

Afterwards, you can paste straight into Xara from an external source. Currently this is available for Chrome and Edge only. You can revoke access again but clicking on the little icon next to the URL and changing the settings there.

File Picker Reliability Improvements

Along with our UX improvements, we've also improved the reliability and performance of the file picker when searching for your files. No longer should you see any constant loading screens!

Bug fixes and other improvements
    • Fixed an error when resizing a comment after shift-clicking to select
    • Fixed an issue which caused infinite loading screen in the file picker after signing up
    • Improved performance when editing long flowing text
    • Fixed an error when adding rows with text caret in table
    • Fixed an issue which caused 624.k.on.op errors
    • Fixed an issue which caused the rotate handle to not work on a SmartLayout text panel
    • Fixed an issue which caused text to not be editable after searching for icon / image from Pixabay
    • Fixed an issue which caused text boxes from a PDF document to not be imported at the correct size
    • Fixed an selection issue when clicking on an object that's part of a multi-selection
    • Fixed an issue which caused an infinite loading screen to occur when user has a + within their team name

Lightbulb Re: Product Update - Cloud - R82 - 20th August 2020

Thanks Rob. It might make me switch to MS Edge but I still find Vivaldi superior for my work.
    I know, I'll switch to Edge if you do too for Pro+, dropping the MSIE obsolete, moribund dependency.

The Improved Handles are impressively simple.
    I still have concerns over the Pro+ UI and the loss that SmartShapes introduced.

An adjunct to the R82 release
    Pity you still have (since R81) the Nag pop-up open for Vizzlo every time I access Cloud+.

I know about it. it costs too much. I can do better for free. I don't want it.
    I cannot stop the icon appearing but you can stop the perpetual nagging.

On the promotion of Vizzlo
    Cloud+ is supposed to be corporate-aware but at $11/m a pop for a chart or two isn't value for money; would the same people turn to Vizzlo Free - offering Charts with watermark and Only public documents?

I searched the Vizzlo offering and could not find a single reference or example for "interactive".
    I would start with HighCharts (https://app.everviz.com) and it comes with Branding.

Had you arranged a deal with Vizzlo, I might have been more interested.
    You have not indicated how well Vizzlo integrates with Cloud+ (on an iPhone say) or how its charts port back into Pro+.

A Magix replay? Vizzlo being German.

Acorn

P.S. The above is as bad as me just inviting people to PM me for arrange to give me $11/m through PayPal. Notice the me-me-me nag.

Actually, that's not a bad idea. I can offer my XDA services at a mere £7.50/m, in advance, for one hour of my support time. Support being telling you what to do without me doing it, advice not delivery.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Product Update - Cloud - R82 - 20th August 2020

Replacing the internal IE control is underway, although I can't say exactly when. Within the next couple of updates I hope.

I believe the new controls will also make their way into the desktop version too.

I'll let marketing know about the pop-up. Personally I don't use Vizzlo however with some work it shows how third-party integrations can start making an appearance and further improve document capabilities.

Default Re: Product Update - Cloud - R82 - 20th August 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Replacing the internal IE control is underway, although I can't say exactly when. Within the next couple of updates I hope.

I believe the new controls will also make their way into the desktop version too.

I'll let marketing know about the pop-up. Personally I don't use Vizzlo however with some work it shows how third-party integrations can start making an appearance and further improve document capabilities.
    Rob, thank you for the upbeat detail.

I have no objection to third-party integrations. After all, it leverages capability.

Xara might look to first-party integration: tables and charts unable to share the same dataset; photo sliders that cannot allow text overlays; lack of mouse-in and mouse-out web animations; bitmap tracing from the stone age; proper DTP page numbering.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat