Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Inspired by Derek

Not in the UK you don't.
    Porque?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Porque?
    'cos driving and taking photos at the same time is an offence. It may even be so if your passenger takes the photo as you might view the image...

CPS Driving Offences examples:

The driver being avoidably and dangerously distracted, for example by:
    • using a hand-held phone or other equipment
    • reading, or looking at a map
    • talking to and looking at a passenger
    • lighting a cigarette, changing a CD or tape, tuning the radio.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I am talking about taking photos while Mary is driving.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I am talking about taking photos while Mary is driving.
    And in the UK, the Police can charge Mary if they believe she was distracted by you.

Going by past images, it is a prima facie case.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

at least I assume the roads in [your part of] New Mexico are suitable for driving along at 70mph, which is debatable where I live even on the short stretches where it is legal
    Nothing lasts forever...

New Mexico is the 4th larges state in the US in terms of physical size. But our population for the state is under 3 million people. The freeways a almost never jammed. What's worse is some drivers drive right behind the next car at about one car length at high speed and often there is what we call a wolf pack with many cars all driving this way. It is totally insane because if one driver has a blow out, or suddenly breaks, etc. the who lot of them are going to be in a very serious accident.

There are not enough police on the freeways to prevent this and sometimes it is the police who are driving like this.

So, not to worry about me taking photos of Sandia Mountain when Mary is driving. OK.

We just saddle up the nearest kangaroo. Some of those bad boys can reach 100 hops a minute.

Not real good for long exposure shots though.

I never had a problem with the photo taking because I know both you and mary are responsible people [and i do it anyway not being a driver myself] - I think Mr G was more making a point about the attitude of UK policy makers [if not police], but I could be wrong

@ chris

we have rabbits that can hop fast, when they are not too busy eating the crops that is...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Gary: "Look Mary, I have a splendid steady shot of a wolf's anus at 12MP. I'm going to turn it into a Stereogram!"
    Mary: "No need!?! I'm halfway up there already, what with these wolves alongside, the road hogs and runners, not to mention the feral kangaroos."
    Acorn: "Careful now Gary, it could be a UK undercover policeman in wolves' clothing. You can never be too anal."

Acorn

P.S. I would like to see such a Stereogram. Properly back(side)-lit.