Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Lightbulb Stringing together triggers's and animations

Hi all! I have a series of messages I want to get across when the index/home page opens. They are separated by layers (though I don't think that matters). If I delay each set of messages long enough for the previous message to appear, then go away (I'm doing that by fading in a white rectangle - same color as page bg), this works great for two or three messages. But I need more than the ten-second "delay" I am allowed in Animation properties.

I tried to do it by adding rectangles, giving them a "name", animating them so they have a 10-second delay, but the next layer of items (text and rectangle) thinks the rectangles appear on the page all at once, so everything gets triggered right away. If the "Rectangle1" didn't appear until the end of the delay, I would be fine, but "Layer2" elements (triggered off of Rectangle1) appear immediately, not at the end of the delay.

Is there any other way to fool the system into giving me more than 10 seconds of delay? Like, wait for x before displaying y? Thanks! Mike

Default Re: Stringing together triggers's and animations

A trigger object will work if the things you want revealed are spaced apart vertically. But this is not a really good solution.

The problem with layers I think is they are fixed, so if you are calling up a layer then content on the layer will need to be the same place as on the screen.

Can you provide a visual of what you are trying to accomplish? To upload a file or image, click the Go Advanced button under this window, scroll down to Manage Attachments, then browse to and select the file or image you want to upload.

Could you not use a single slideshow to display the messages? You could set the transitions to fade and set the time to whatever you like too.

I uploaded a very preliminary test to HTTP://bino.us. (I don't have the page sizing working yet). But I need a couple more elements to fade in and I'm out of "delays".

Quote Originally Posted by onthedot View Post
    I uploaded a very preliminary test to HTTP://bino.us. (I don't have the page sizing working yet). But I need a couple more elements to fade in and I'm out of "delays".
    You have two variables delay and speed (upto 15 secs). It would be relatively easy to squeeze another two headline propositions into your animation (e.g. https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Text%20Fade%20Scroll.mp4 ) - no layers required.

There are a few other ways to achieve the FadeIn-Fadeout; use a slider as Chris has suggested, use the supersite animated slider (animation is achieved in a supersite and embedded in the main site) https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/TextFadeEmbed/, create an intro video that sits in the background https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/TextIntro/, or write some HTML/CSS that sits in a placeholder.

Looking at your example, I think you have the time to squeeze in two more messages if you accept a crossfade between pairs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Really like this one!

Sliders! Great idea! Thank you.